Homebrew Question Update switch without touchscreen.

wartutor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so my touchscreen quit working on one of mg switchs (not sure why and tried fixing it multiple times) and i need to update. Currently im on 8.0 and bought paper mario and need to update to 9.0+. I downloaded the update zip and loaded choidujournx but cant use it due to my touchscreen not working. I know there is a way to update by taking my emmc dump and update it via computer but i know there was a firmware limit to it and cant remember enough to find any info on it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to possibly get it updated.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wait for Atmosphere 0.14.0. It will have support for updates/downgrades using official IPC and dedicated tool called Daybreak.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/troposphere/daybreak

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Lacius and wartutor

wartutor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@masagrator thanks for this info was really helpful. I had no idea that was even a thing but i can say its about rime someone else made another way to update SciresM and all that helps with atmo are some awesome programmers.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so my touchscreen quit working on one of mg switchs (not sure why and tried fixing it multiple times) and i need to update. Currently im on 8.0 and bought paper mario and need to update to 9.0+. I downloaded the update zip and loaded choidujournx but cant use it due to my touchscreen not working. I know there is a way to update by taking my emmc dump and update it via computer but i know there was a firmware limit to it and cant remember enough to find any info on it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to possibly get it updated.
It is possible to update using a computer, but I would recommend just waiting for Daybreak.

wartutor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone that may be interested i took apart my switch and found my touch screen wasnt working due to my game cart board was not seated correctly. I seated it down right and the touchscreen began working again

Reactions: mathew77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH