Hacking Update to 6.2?

Fife Dawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a super ban so can’t update my Switch the normal way. Is there an easy way to update to 6.2? I am using SX Pro and should I even bother updating? I cannot play the XCI file of World of Final Fantasy as it is prompting me for a system update so this is the only reason I would update. I can find the 6.2 system update file online so any help on how to manually update would be appreciated.

Cheers

Fife Dawg

A

a9lh-1user

Please use the search function.
This question has been answered 100 times!

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i'm not sure but why update to 6.2.0 using ChoiDujourNX when you still get the same CFW & other features if updating via OTA ? is it to prevent connecting online to avoid a ban maybe ??

Fife Dawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep update using ChoiDujourNX, I updated last night, very easy to do.
Cheers and do you have a quick guide on how to do this? Assume you need to find the 6.2 update file on the internet somewhere? Can you do it through SX Pro or do you end to instal atmosphere?

digitalforums

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cheers and do you have a quick guide on how to do this? Assume you need to find the 6.2 update file on the internet somewhere? Can you do it through SX Pro or do you end to instal atmosphere?

Hi, a quick guide would be.
Add
ChoiDujourNX to your SD along with the 6.0.2 firmware files.
Load up your switch in sxos (some say it won't work but it's worked both times for me)
Load up ChoiDujourNX from homebrew, find your update folder, accept it, let ChoiDujourNX confirm everything, then choose either one of the 2 formats, I chose exfat and accept it, once done restart your switch, if you have autorcm then load file and off you go on the latest firmware.

Fife Dawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, a quick guide would be.
Add
ChoiDujourNX to your SD along with the 6.0.2 firmware files.
Load up your switch in sxos (some say it won't work but it's worked both times for me)
Load up ChoiDujourNX from homebrew, find your update folder, accept it, let ChoiDujourNX confirm everything, then choose either one of the 2 formats, I chose exfat and accept it, once done restart your switch, if you have autorcm then load file and off you go on the latest firmware.
Okay thanks but when I try to update through ChoiDujourNX it’s says I am missing 2 out of the 211 NCA files and I downloaded the 6.2 update file from an SX Pro forum so any ideas?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

nightweb

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Very Late to the party here but if I recall right if your super banned you should still be able to update, Nintendo allowed all switch's even those super banned to update. I'll see if I can find the page I read it on.

If you still want to Stay offline ChoiDourNX and update you should be able to using the tutorial here.
As for where to find those files, Nintendo put out a to inform their shareholders I believe about all the problems with Piracy and SX OS's, it has a list of the Problematic websites in it, very good educational reading ;-)

some of the posts mentions updating banned switch's here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-nint...-but-i-can-still-make-a-system-update.524140/
https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...d-kill-hacking-on-the-system-almost-entirely/

Last edited by nightweb,

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Very Late to the party here but if I recall right if your super banned you should still be able to update, Nintendo allowed all switch's even those super banned to update. I'll see if I can find the page I read it on.

If you still want to Stay offline ChoiDourNX and update you should be able to using the tutorial here.
As for where to find those files, Nintendo put out a to inform their shareholders I believe about all the problems with Piracy and SX OS's, it has a list of the Problematic websites in it, very good educational reading ;-)

some of the posts mentions updating banned switch's here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-nint...-but-i-can-still-make-a-system-update.524140/
https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...d-kill-hacking-on-the-system-almost-entirely/
They probably brought back superban since 6.2 was hacked again.

nightweb

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Can i update emunand without updating ofw?

yup, if you use the ChoiDourNX part from my post earlier you can update EmuNAND without affecting SysNAND, that's what i did ^^,

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They probably brought back superban since 6.2 was hacked again.

Quite Possible but with a super ban why not test? Worst that could happen is you get banned :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...