Hacking Update?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think this is the first console I've ever owned that I've knowingly updated past a major exploit point just to play new games.

As I've said many times before, I'm gonna enjoy this one and if/when homebrew appears on FW 9.9 or whatever I'll check it out then.

I'll still be following the developments along the way though as hacking stuff is pretty awesome innit.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The fact that a 15 year old is destroying your illogical argument says more about you than it does about me.
No idea what you mean ^_^
You destroy my Hope in You Nothing more
OMG i dont now that so many kiddies here..15 years old .Sign in with 12y??
incomprehensible
there is no minimum age Here??

Last edited by loler55,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea what you mean ^_^
You destroy my Hope in You Nothing more
OMG i dont now that so many kiddies here..15 years old .Sign in with 12y??
incomprehensible
there is no minimum age Here??
We're done here. I will not regret updating and actually getting use out of a $300+ console I just paid for. Sit down, kid.

D

Deleted-355425

As I've said a million times before, Switch homebrew will not come as quickly as you think. Devs will either update their Switch or by another one (Probably #1 cause most devs are 20 year olds who don't have a lot of dough and want to play Oddysey and DOOM and other games). The Devs which stay behind may not work on homebrew and update because most people have updated to play Oddysey and DOOM and other games. On the bright side now devs will find more exploits on 3.0.1+

No, just no.

jabbaskillet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I'm not updating, I don't need to play the game now. I'll be able to play it for free soon"

Every idiot not updating their system.
You know there’s an update on the cart, right?

I don’t see how choosing not to update makes one an “idiot.” Personally, Odyssey isn’t really that appealing to me at the moment, and I have a literal plethora of older games I have yet to play.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know there’s an update on the cart, right?

I don’t see how choosing not to update makes one an “idiot.” Personally, Odyssey isn’t really that appealing to me at the moment, and I have a literal plethora of older games I have yet to play.

Choosing not to update is perfectly fine.

Choosing not to update, then complaining about something because of not updating, is stupid.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There are plenty of possible solutions for playing backup games on 3.0.0 that require 3.0.1+. EmuNAND-like solutions, B9S-like solutions, etc. are all possibilities down the road.
Nope, emunand wont be possible, BS9 is very unlikely that relied on a vulnerability in ARM chip that has little to do with Nintendo. Updating emunand will burn efuses which will prevent you from booting into non updated NAND. Literally the only solution that will allow you to play later games (that require 3.1 or later) will have to be a hack that works on a switch that is updated to higher FW than 3.0. I would say that you have a better chance of playing Switch games that require 3.1+ on a PC emulator than on a switch that is still running 3.0 or lower firmware.

Look at Vita, you can play games that require up to 3.60, thats it. You will likely never be able to play games that require higher FW.

One solution that is possible, and you updating or not updating wont matter is a flash cart for Switch. But that may also never come. And if it comes it wouldnt matter if you updated or not.

Last edited by Chrushev,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, emunand wont be possible, BS9 is very unlikely that relied on a vulnerability in ARM chip that has little to do with Nintendo. Updating emunand will burn efuses which will prevent you from booting into non updated NAND. Literally the only solution that will allow you to play later games (that require 3.1 or later) will have to be a hack that works on a switch that is updated to higher FW than 3.0. I would say that you have a better chance of playing Switch games that require 3.1+ on a PC emulator than on a switch that is still running 3.0 or lower firmware.

Look at Vita, you can play games that require up to 3.60, thats it. You will likely never be able to play games that require higher FW.

One solution that is possible, and you updating or not updating wont matter is a flash cart for Switch. But that may also never come. And if it comes it wouldnt matter if you updated or not.
Efuses are an issue, but they don't rule out an emuNAND-like option. We might be able to prevent efuses from being burnt when updating the emuNAND. They're more a hindrance to downgrading the sysNAND.

A B9S-like solution is also possible.

Reactions: loler55

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Efuses are an issue, but they don't rule out an emuNAND-like option. We might be able to prevent efuses from being burnt when updating the emuNAND. They're more a hindrance to downgrading the sysNAND.

a entrypoint maked on 3.00 how we did with dsvc on the wiiu and
After the Update we can use it as 3.01 entrypoint is also possible
And for a flash cart we Need also a Entrypoint so 3.00 have One ..3.01 Not

Last edited by loler55,

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Actually one of the bugs on 3.0.0 is similar of one of the bugs that the gateway makers used in 3DS

Reactions: loler55

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

You dont necessarily need an entry point for a flash cart. DS didnt, Sky3DS didnt, most dont actually.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You dont necessarily need an entry point for a flash cart. DS didnt, Sky3DS didnt, most dont actually.
Ds flashcarts use a Game as Entrypoint... a modded Game its also an Entrypoint...

You have fun to tell us Things what you do not know about?

Sky 3ds use also a Entrypoint. let Google Work when You dont believe

Last edited by loler55,

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Are you sure? http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Fuse_registers
The fuse register also contains bootrom patches and keys. Burnt into hardware after an update.
What if you try to boot an updated emunand with a wrong patch/key ? My guess is -> it won't boot.
Maybe there is a way to get Emunand to work, but it will be years until it's possible.

B9S is not possible, because B9S is not an exploit, it is an oversight from Nintendo in bootrom code and they won't make the same mistake again.

Ds flashcarts use a Game as Entrypoint... a modded Game its also an Entrypoint...

You have fun to tell us Things what you do not know about?

Sky 3ds use also a Entrypoint. let Google Work when You dont believe

DS flashcarts don't need an entrypoint to work.
Sky3DS does NOT use an entrypoint, because it's a 1:1 clone of a real cart (google shows Cubic Ninja, but this is only needed for homebrew/CFW, not piracy).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it