Gaming Updated to 9.4 to go legit 3ds wont read anything from my sd card backup

zeromission80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hears what happened i bought a Gateway to use and recently followed the Ultra guidelines to install emunanad 9.4 on my sd card, all seemed to working as normal, but then i realized that most of the better 3ds games i actually own and plan on buying anyway (MH4 ULTIMATE) so i decided i would update my console to the latest firmware to play the demo that i received and catch up on some smash online...Now heres were the shit hits the fan the backup i made is not being recognized by the newly updated console it just creates new hex named folders on the sd card then when i try to copy the existing data into the new folder it says information is corrupted under data management and asks to reset it (which means delete it), i've tried several ways and to no avail.. has anyone come across a similar issue and if so what did you do to resolve it... i also realize that i might have to download everything from the eshop again, but are my mii's and save games still able to be recovered? Thanks in advance :)

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you made a backup of your SD before all of this, you just need to wipe the SD (format it or delete everything) and put the back up back.

If you open the the Nintendo 3DS and find two folders in there named a random bunch of hex, then this is most certainly your problem. The 3DS should start using your old one as soon as the new one is gone,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
So hears what happened i bought a Gateway to use and recently followed the Ultra guidelines to install emunanad 9.4 on my sd card, all seemed to working as normal, but then i realized that most of the better 3ds games i actually own and plan on buying anyway (MH4 ULTIMATE) so i decided i would update my console to the latest firmware to play the demo that i received and catch up on some smash online...Now heres were the shit hits the fan the backup i made is not being recognized by the newly updated console it just creates new hex named folders on the sd card then when i try to copy the existing data into the new folder it says information is corrupted under data management and asks to reset it (which means delete it), i've tried several ways and to no avail.. has anyone come across a similar issue and if so what did you do to resolve it... i also realize that i might have to download everything from the eshop again, but are my mii's and save games still able to be recovered? Thanks in advance :)

What unnecessary story, I don't get it? Why did you update your systemnand to 9.4 just to play MH4 demo when you had a GW card and emunand on 9.4 to play MH4 demo. If you wanted to use your retail games like MH4 Ultimate when its released why did you just not use classic mode instead? I mean of course its your decision but what a terrible waste! :O

Edit: bud I'm using MH4 Demo now on 9.4 emunand? did you just not realize or was it just your own decision and you were fed up with booting in to emunand? same goes for SSB as well, it runs fine in emunand.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What unnecessary story, I don't get it? Why did you update your systemnand to 9.4 just to play MH4 demo when you had a GW card and emunand on 9.4 to play MH4 demo. If you wanted to use your retail games like MH4 Ultimate when its released why did you not just use classic mode?

I don't get it either lol... you could've redeemed the demo code in EMUNAND eShop just fine and playing Smash online is also no problem in EMUNAND? lol

Reactions: Reecey

zeromission80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so no help just...why did you what a waste your time type comments...YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE RELEASED GAME IN February without going online thats why plus i was tired of booting to emunand gets annoying after a while, i shut my console down after each use... so back to my issue!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
so no help just...why did you what a waste your time type comments...YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE RELEASED GAME IN February without going online thats why plus i was tired of booting to emunand gets annoying after a while, i shut my console down after each use... so back to my issue!

Course you will be able to play it online m8ty, who told you that nonsense? also you where tired of clicking on the browser icon once in systemnand to boot in to emunand? I'm just trying to understand it that's all, no offence bud I'm not trying to ridicule you :)

MaNiAlJoWo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
obama_facepalm.jpg

Reactions: Jayro and HBK

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you trolling or...?

You do realize Gateway doesn't work with 9.4 sysNAND, right?

Essentially you're fucked.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Whatever, the guy is asking help to get his stuff working again.

First thing first to say:
- The first thing you should have done when you recieved your gateway was making a NAND backup and backing up your SD and store it safe somewhere!
- If you should have done that, then you could have restored your NAND backup and Wipe your SD and copy your sd backup back, this works (i tried it)

In your case how it's now: Format your SD, put it in the 3ds and let it reconfigure (Optional: then link again your NintendoID if it's not linked anymore), you have to redownload all your eshop stuff and updates, about your saves and Mii: -> You are screwed for that, live with it

Reactions: zeromission80

zeromission80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 not trolling anybody, 2 i realize that when i updated i lost my gateway functionality, 3 i have an extensive library of retail carts, 4 reread the issue in the initial post, 5 GIVE AN INTELLIGENT THOUGHTFUL RESPONSE....

zeromission80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ive done all of those things you suggested already as it was part of the ultra tutorial i followed in another post on here... just dont get why it doesnt recognize any of my things its as if it thinks its from another console...there is a piece of information i forgot to mention... would changing to a larger sd card during all this really be causing this much trouble?

zeromission80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well lesson learned... :hateit: had to redownload everything from the eshop lost all my save games and mii data... meh shit happens guess i'll just play some of the older games over again. good thing i buy retail carts.. for those with some helpful advice thanks B-)

Reactions: DjoeN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol