Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

bladesman582

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey huiminghao, thank you for adding support for the vcr6 sound channel for mappers 24 and 26 - Akumajou Densetsu's sound finally works properly! Now I can finally play my fave NES game on the go!

As always, I appreciate the work you've put into this emulator. I can't thank you enough! :yaynds:

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much huiminghao for nesds.

"Solar jetman" has some graphical problems on all rendering modes. Some can be noticed in the the early cutscene graphics and playing.
"Taito Chase HQ" is playable in the latest nesds but the graphics flash sometimes.

btw "Batman"? I never realised there was any problem?

I'll try to help with any testing.

jose_exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi

Anyone else is having issues with a-lerp blend?

It leaves a weird ghosting when i activate it.

Also i tried both Akoumajou Densetsu and Castlevania III, they work fine but passing the first boss the whip sound and the "ouch" one gets muted for some reason.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
"Solar jetman" has some graphical problems on all rendering modes. Some can be noticed in the the early cutscene graphics and playing.
"Taito Chase HQ" is playable in the latest nesds but the graphics flash sometimes.
I just tested them, hard to fix.... They may need high emulaton of CPU.
Anyone else is having issues with a-lerp blend?
It leaves a weird ghosting when i activate it.
Also i tried both Akoumajou Densetsu and Castlevania III, they work fine but passing the first boss the whip sound and the "ouch" one gets muted for some reason.
a-lerp does not work now, as I do not care it.
the vcr6 dont work perfectly(it may stuck arm7?), you may need to reset the sound: menu->settings>config>sound reset

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you improve nesds further, nesds is great please keep up the good work on it.
I hope you can continue to improve the performance and accuracy like you have so far.

I think a skin on the touch screen gui would look good too (quality image of actual NES for the texture/color grey plastic with maybe red outline, touch the lid to open up the settings menu etc
But obviously less important than what you have been doing and improving, thanks for such a nice nesds.

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else is having issues with a-lerp blend? It leaves a weird ghosting when i activate it. (...)
a-lerp does not work now, as I do not care it. (...)
I tend to prefer its smoothing effect over "flicker", and I think it used to work in the past. You're free to decline, but could you please look into it, just to see if the fix would be easy? If needed, I could help by hunting (someday) which version broke it, and if the dev environment is easy to set up I could even hunt down as to what broke it through code diff's.

Thanks again for all your great work, I wish I could help more, but I have never coded in such low-level stuff...

- Vince989

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I tend to prefer its smoothing effect over "flicker", and I think it used to work in the past. You're free to decline, but could you please look into it, just to see if the fix would be easy? If needed, I could help by hunting (someday) which version broke it, and if the dev environment is easy to set up I could even hunt down as to what broke it through code diff's.
Since you like that, I would fix it in the next release.

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, thanks a lot!

Don't worry about it too much though, it's not like I play NES games (or any for that matter) all day, I just spoke out so it would be there when I got back to some of the games in my "backlog" on it, so feel free to priorize other stuff over this small visual feature. :)

- Vince989

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello again, I have a request, it would be
possible to add the button of hide menu on
all screens? (Maybe just adding a * if is not enough
space) What happens when we make
changes or save the state we must return to
the main menu every time and this would
save us a few steps, and add skin if possible to make the navigation more nice, maybe something like what copper do with his DSpack or just a static image also is good, well, just suggestions if not possible we are happy with nesds as is now, thanks again!!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not Vince989, but I have to say, you are an awesome person. It's very unusual for developers to have such a close relationship with the users as you do. You read people's comments and actually use them to improve the program. I applaud you many times for that.

Thank you for your hard work throughout these past few months.

-Dan

EDIT: The a-lerp smoothing algorithm has existed since the very earliest days of NES DS, and was one of the first improvements over PocketNES. I could be wrong here, but I believe Tepples (pineight.com) is responsible for the code behind it. Or maybe it was Loopy. Again, I'm not 100% certain about it.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello again, I have a request, it would be
I would make some differences in the future for the menu. I dont think the theme will be implemented.
Someone also suggested the Unicode/Multi-Language support, I dont think they are important either, so no plan for them now.

EDIT: The a-lerp smoothing algorithm has existed since the very earliest days of NES DS, and was one of the first improvements over PocketNES. I could be wrong here, but I believe Tepples (pineight.com) is responsible for the code behind it. Or maybe it was Loopy. Again, I'm not 100% certain about it.
Thanks for your info..
Pity that no one reports the status of the nifi 10ms version of nesDS1.2b..... That really makes me impossible to make a nice update on it.
I though nesds0.22 to be the final version(those games I like work fine on that version), but they are so many FC/NES lovers, why not to make it better? :ha:

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember playing Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Urban Champion on my old NES. It's good to play them again, especailly on the move and if someone can crack the NiFi issue that would be a added bonus (just a shame that I haven't got anyone to play with though).

Anyway... Keep up the good work! :)

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Pity that no one reports the status of the nifi 10ms version of nesDS1.2b..... That really makes me impossible to make a nice update on it.
I though nesds0.22 to be the final version(those games I like work fine on that version), but they are so many FC/NES lovers, why not to make it better?:ha:

using the nifi test version i played some 2player SM3 (single card method on XL and 3DS)

the game screens stayed in synch until (during paused gameplay) i changed the sprite rendering from pertile to puresoft on the 'guest' DS, and it started to have a bit of lag in button response.

i did a reset and played a bit more (without messing with settings) and had no synch issues. i'll try to check out some other games and report back.

c'mon, pplz.
108 downloads of the nesds nifi build from filetrip alone. test this stuff out and report back to help huiminghao make this emulator even better. play some 2 player rcpro-am or bubblebobble with yer mom err sumthing=P

edit:
/vato goes to play some 2 player bubble bobble w/yer mom.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi Huiminghao,

Thanks for the update! :)

Is it possible to do a double touch for the instant save? It would be useful for distracted users or large fingers.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks for the update! Your dedication is amazing!
Fire Emblem & Fire Emblem Gaiden both have some graphical glitches. :)
Use the PURE-SOFT rendering to avoid that. Though frameless, it is the only way now and no plan to make a update for them. dont ask for/report it again~

Is it possible to do a double touch for the instant save? It would be useful for distracted users or large fingers.
I would try fix that..... the touch pos sometimes flies everywhere....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM