Hacking Urgent Nintendo DS Internet Problem

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. As I was playing Bomberman today, I decided to check out what kind of stuff was happening online. I connected successfully, and then tried to search for someone worldwide. While doing this, I decided to opt out and simply switched off my system while it was searching. After that, I tried to play StarFox Command online, and when it failed to connect I knew something was wrong. I went into the WiFi settings and reentered my information and tested the connection time and time again, but to no avail.

I had messed something up by turning it off, but I don't know exactly what. I eventually restarted my router and erased all of my WiFi settings on my DS, even the connection ID, but this also did nothing. I know it had something to do with me turning Bomberman off while it was online, and I just want to know how I can fix it. I've tried connecting with store bought retail games and ROMs alike, but nothing works. What went wrong? Does anyone know?

Thank you for your time and help.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OMG that's pretty alarming, the tough DS having such a weak spot..?

If it's under warranty then Nintendo will honour it in this kind of scenario and send you a replacement.

I had a similar problem once but it was all while using a particular media device; but turning it off at a similar point cocked up all of the saves.

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. I'm going to test it out once more before sending it off. If anyone has any more suggestions, they'd be appreciated.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hmm, very strange, 'cos today I was playing Clubhouse Games and after the match ended (Darts), I turned my DS off while on Wi-Fi. Then I proceeded to play MKDS and all was fine.

It's most likely a hardware problem, maybe the Wi-Fi antenna got busted or something...

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Try connecting to another hot spot AP like a friends, School or Public one. So you can rule out your own wi fi router and be sure it is a ds problem. Then try download play on a nearby ds. "Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: who's up for rating and showing some playlists? https://gbatemp.net/blogs/blog/playlist-rating.5153/