Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im legit yelling right now i cant get this cable back in

i took it apart to clean under the d pad and now i ended up bending the cable

i need my 3ds to code tomorrow in my spare time at school

its the black one with 4 lines located around the 3 chips layed vertically above the cartridge slot

i lifted the latch up and everything

edit: im fricing stupid the lines are copper and the black is transparent im blind af

edit: the cable is in but my touch screen has no picture plus a screw is stripped so i cant open it and my 3ds will be broken forever

Last edited by Flashlight_,

Flashlight_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look in these repair guides for your 3DS model.
  • hjfghjfhj
Post picture of the part at a image hosting site, like fghj. To type websites, write like this: www . gbatemp . net
i got the cable in but my touch screen has no picture. that was the guide i took to disassemble the 3ds in the first place. now one of the screws on the outside is stripped.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got the cable in but my touch screen has no picture. that was the guide i took to disassemble the 3ds in the first place. now one of the screws on the outside is stripped.
Look, I don't know if you need this old 3DS (?) for school work or project but that doesn't sound like typical school curricula using video game devices as a study aid or tool. Maybe for personal leisure, which you'll have to make due with other hobbies until your system is repaired in due time.

For the stripped screw, you'll have to use the rubber band trick for more grip or drill it out with the smallest drill bit you can find. Once removed, don't reuse it and get a replacement screw.

3-DS-lower-LCD.png

Since I'm assuming you're referring to the old 3DS model lower LCD screen and digitizer, did you mess up cable A, cable B, cable C?
  • Cable A = backlight
  • Cable B = video
  • Cable C = touch
You most likely broke traces within whichever flex cable(s). This will require replacing the part(s) outright if you're able to ever disassemble the 3DS. Shop at eBay, Amazon, or aliexpress for replacement parts.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Look in these repair guides for your 3DS model.
Post picture of the part at a image hosting site, like www.imgbb.com. To type websites, write like this: www . gbatemp . net
imgbb is blocked by Malwarebytes so I wouldn't use that. I use http://pasteboard.co/
You can sacrifice your shell by destroying the plastic around the screw, and buy a replacement shell, or you can drill out the screw head (very carefully to avoid damaging anything)
If it's not completely stripped you may still be able to get it out with proper tools, chances are you were using the wrong size screwdriver for the job which makes the screwdriver not grip properly so it strips easily. But if the screw is completely rounded there's no point in even trying.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Flashlight_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imgbb is blocked by Malwarebytes so I wouldn't use that. I use 8tfhigsu

You can sacrifice your shell by destroying the plastic around the screw, and buy a replacement shell, or you can drill out the screw head (very carefully to avoid damaging anything)
If it's not completely stripped you may still be able to get it out with proper tools, chances are you were using the wrong size screwdriver for the job which makes the screwdriver not grip properly so it strips easily. But if the screw is completely rounded there's no point in even trying.
I was using a 000 and it worked flawlessly on all other screws (every single one except the 2 (actually 1) larger main cover screws)
it's not completely round and my mom's friend unscrewed it for me when I first encountered it (left screw at bottom, under battery)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was using a 000 and it worked flawlessly on all other screws (every single one except the 2 (actually 1) larger main cover screws)
it's not completely round and my mom's friend unscrewed it for me when I first encountered it (left screw at bottom, under battery)
Next time, if you see a partially stripped screw, don't screw it back in, replace it.

Reactions: Flashlight_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imgbb is blocked by Malwarebytes so I wouldn't use that. I use http://pasteboard.co/
Thanks, I didn't know that. I used imgbb because it was the first google search result, and it has served well. I have Malwarebytes but not premium with the web scanner. The few times I did have premium trial, imgbb.com never returned a block. Maybe it's because of my ad blocks. I'll try using pasteboard and look into why imgbb is blocked by MWB before deciding to stay with it, pasteboard, or another image host.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk