US lags in broadband adoption and download speeds

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm paying for 10 mb and I usually get around 10.98 DL and 5.45 UL. This is with 3 PCs and two video consoles running. We have mostly old people leaving on our block, so we don't have people sucking up the usage. Currently there is no data gab from our provider.

DSdonkey77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DSGamer64 said:
I find it odd that Canada is higher ranked then most seeing as how our internet services are fucking expensive, and the fastest download speed for residential is dependant on where you live, in most cities it's only like 50Mb.
Ik, I have to pay 54 a month for 15 down 2 up

Edit: MTS in Winnipeg

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope people are't complaining about this i mean getting 20+ mbs is pretty awesome i only have 1 mbs internet connection so please next time when you complain about how slow your internet is please think of me

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeeah, I heard this somewhere before. I don't get why USA has so darn expensive Internet, for such slowness. (Not to bragg). I hope that it will change in the future.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like my internet for 1 fact, It has no bandwidth limit. ONly 2 best options here are 50Mb/5Mb with a cap of 200Gigs a month and 5 bucks per 10 extra gigs of bandwidth and the one I chose that's 20Mb/2Mb with no bandwidth limit. My data use is in the terabyte numbers per month considering all the games and movies i download 24/7 plus my game hosting off one of my pcs. If i took the faster one id be paying tons a month not to mention id pay for the base 80 bucks a month while my 20 megs just pay 29.99, im quite happy with my netline I rather have the choice to download as much as I want at the speed i pay for than have better speed and waste all the bandwidth in less than a week.

Wow according to net index most ppl in my country choose the free government net it seems lol the 1MB crap lol my speed test is at 19.72/1.87 but compared to other users in my area next to follow is a 6.72 user. that would explain why ppl buy games at flea markets lol they dont pay for net at home to download themselves. An yeah in PR we have free internet given by the government they cap you at 1M/250kb and block P2P use, its a wifi line that runs from the center of the city to most of the town's area, think around 80% of the towns already have one but yea its an awesome thing of your Net provider is down for any reason if u have a wifi antenna (DIY or bought) you can get a 1 meg line that's plenty to browse the web and even play mmos and mp3's

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Italy's not even in there
smileipb2.png

I dunno if I should cry or laugh of this
unsure.gif

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm pleased beeing placed 3rd, though i thought we'd be in like 2nd place...
Currently i'm living in a student apartement, 100/100mbs unlimited for about 12 $/month =)
Just for comparison, my dad has 100/10 unlimited in another city for about 39 $/month
The prices vary greatly based on where you live...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT