• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US university cancels its own Valedictorian's speech

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cowardice to the nth degree. Phony "free speech absolutists" are no doubt cheering this news, too.
One to speak... what is with you fuckers where you just totally lose sight of the problem and start talking about make believe Nazis and Hamas. It's so creepy and weird.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
One to speak... what is with you fuckers where you just totally lose sight of the problem and start talking about make believe Nazis and Hamas. It's so creepy and weird.
What exactly is "the problem" in your estimation if not people who support the mass slaughter of civilians? Hamas can go fuck themselves, but the IDF is exactly what Hamas would be if they had the backing of the West's military industrial complex, which makes them far more dangerous when they go off script. With great power comes great responsibility, as it were.

Netanyahu failed to protect Israelis on October 7, and he's failed to respect the memory of the deceased by pursuing this bloodthirsty revenge campaign of his.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly is "the problem" in your estimation if not people who support the mass slaughter of civilians? Hamas can go fuck themselves, but the IDF is exactly what Hamas would be if they had the backing of the West's military industrial complex, which makes them far more dangerous when they go off script. With great power comes great responsibility, as it were.

Netanyahu failed to protect Israelis on October 7, and he's failed to respect the memory of the deceased by pursuing this bloodthirsty revenge campaign of his.
You know we agree on most of this, surely. What is resistance supposed to look like, then? It's not Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran? How does standing up to them look to you?

It weakens the position of the movement when you guys have to first excuse and preface it with meaningless exceptions.

Last edited by Glyptofane,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look what's happening with it now. Cop crackdowns like this was a rightwing protest and the House immediately rushes through a bill that redefines antisemitism. Looks like you guys finally stumbled into something real

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look what's happening with it now. Cop crackdowns like this was a rightwing protest and the House immediately rushes through a bill that redefines antisemitism. Looks like you guys finally stumbled into something real
Actually, this wasn't a cop crackdown like this was a rightwing protest.
If it was a rightwing protest, the cops would sit on the sidelines and just watch.
Bah-dum chh.

Reactions: The Catboy and Xzi

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, this wasn't a cop crackdown like this was a rightwing protest.
If it was a rightwing protest, the cops would sit on the sidelines and just watch.
Bah-dum chh.
You get dropped on your head as a child or something? It is like a rightwing protest in that it gets shut down by the feds. That's what I'm saying.

Like I'm not even arguing with the position of the protesters. I told you guys to wise up and there's more to it than you think there is, and now you are all Nazis. The new law says so. I told you dipshits.

Haha, you're me now!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You get dropped on your head as a child or something? It is like a rightwing protest in that it gets shut down by the feds. That's what I'm saying.
While these protests have been ongoing, there have been two separate white supremacist/fascist marches through the middle of busy cities. Cops didn't come within a mile of them, probably because they were busy participating behind masks. Media didn't cover them at all, either.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While these protests have been ongoing, there have been two separate white supremacist/fascist marches through the middle of busy cities. Cops didn't come within a mile of them, probably because they were busy participating behind masks. Media didn't cover them at all, either.
You're shellshocked and I don't blame you. Hug me, brutha!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You're shellshocked and I don't blame you. Hug me, brutha!
The entire history of US policing is marred by fascism/white supremacy, it's no surprise they get treated with kid gloves. Bundys, January 6th, armed takeovers of city hall, the list goes on and on. Occupy Wall Street was a big part of what made the powers that be decide to de-fang peaceful protest as an effective tool for enacting change, and that's because the US is basically three corporations standing on top of each other in a trench coat. Righties are useful idiots that help to maintain the capitalist status quo, so they're left alone.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The entire history of US policing is marred by fascism/white supremacy, it's no surprise they get treated with kid gloves. Bundys, January 6th, armed takeovers of city hall, the list goes on and on. Occupy Wall Street was a big part of what made the powers that be decide to de-fang peaceful protest as an effective tool for enacting change, and that's because the US is basically three corporations standing on top of each other in a trench coat. Righties are useful idiots that help to maintain the capitalist status quo, so they're left
Right is left alone, really. They put people in political prison for supporting gay zionist Donald Trump in something they call an insurrection and then they shut them down during that covid shit. Do you remember that? It ruined my life. You fuckstains ran amok for George Floyd and masks or whatever.

And now, Gaza... where were you when people said I was unreasonable and antisemitic? I tried to outline this many times. You were one of the better ones, but like Lacius and the freak tried to eviscerate me!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They put people in political prison for supporting gay zionist Donald Trump in something they call an insurrection
It's just called "prison," and the sentences were a slap on the wrist considering the crime was disrupting the certification of votes. A lot of them only got probation, for that matter. Those that were dumb enough to be identifiable by camera, anyway. The person who planted several pipe bombs was never caught.

Do you remember that? It ruined my life.
If you were a part of that mob, you have nobody to blame but yourself for falling in line with a self-destructive cult. Donald Trump has never in his life done anything positive for anyone but himself, he's even thrown his own kids and wives under the bus multiple times. Of course he was gonna let Jan 6ers take the fall for him.

You fuckstains ran amok for George Floyd and masks or whatever.
That's historical revisionism if I've ever seen it, Floyd protestors were regularly disappeared by feds in unmarked vehicles, as well as tear gassed. It took all that just to get one murdering cop convicted. No major reforms to policing as a result, no nothing.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
J
I can’t tell if you are just being annoying on purpose or if you are actually thll never reply to you again once she see

It's just called "prison," and the sentences were a slap on the wrist considering the crime was disrupting the certification of votes. A lot of them only got probation, for that matter. Those that were dumb enough to be identifiable by camera, anyway. The person who planted several pipe bombs was never caught.

If you were a part of that mob, you have nobody to blame but yourself for falling in line with a self-destructive cult. Donald Trump has never in his life done anything positive for anyone but himself, he's even thrown his own kids and wives under the bus multiple times. Of course he was gonna let Jan 6ers take the fall for him.

That's historical revisionism if I've ever seen it, Floyd protestors were regularly disappeared by feds in unmarked vehicles, as well as tear gassed. It took all that just to get one murdering cop convicted. No major reforms to policing as a result, no nothing.
I want the protests to suceed. Good luck, man loving lad!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here