Hacking USB loader charges for it to download covers.

Should people have to pay for using a USB loaders download cover function?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it's just greed and wrong

• Don't care

• Total voters

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
everyone has an option if they care or not

ocdetective does have a point about the poll, its very easy to tell which option you went for, as the poll is not natural across all option

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ocdetective said:
Laugh it off all you want, you are merely proving my point.

+1

oh my god.. i wish I could quote everything...

@neardark.. thank you so much.
you are making my day.
even my colleagues are laughing their a55 off thanks to you.
please keep on sharing with us your wise comments.

@ocdetective... thank you so much.
but not for the same reasons.... lol
wink.gif

maybe I should mention that I am a retard going senile.... or am I a senile going retard ? damn I am confused now !
but I am sure neardark will figure it out and share that information with you.. lol

R

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
A simple deletion of your own opinion in the poll would suffice - what's so hard about that? Maybe you are unable to admit you are wrong perhaps?
EDIT! Not indecisive merely ensuring correct grammar.

burrellbloke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you object to paying to automatically download the covers without making a donation why don't you set up your own site and host the services that you object to paying for?

I have no idea what kind of bandwidth is being used up by people downloading covers and disc images but I doubt that it is free. I am surprised that the covers site was free for automatic downloads for so long.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
and no matter what the poll choices are, people have freedom of choice, if it just showed no and yes, they would still vote no if they thought it was wrong, you think they would vote no if they agreed with it? NO

Posts merged

burrellbloke said:
If you object to paying to automatically download the covers without making a donation why don't you set up your own site and host the services that you object to paying for?

I have no idea what kind of bandwidth is being used up by people downloading covers and disc images but I doubt that it is free. I am surprised that the covers site was free for automatic downloads for so long.

For your information, I donated more than was required, I'm just curious to see how everyone feels about it.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
neardark said:
and no matter what the poll choices are, people have freedom of choice, if it just showed no and yes, they would still vote no if they thought it was wrong, you think they would vote no if they agreed with it? NO

Posts merged

burrellbloke said:

For your information, I donated more than was required, I'm just curious to see how everyone feels about it.
Correct up to a point, however some people without a firm opinion either way are more likely to vote for no as you have endeavoured to colour their opinion with your emotive statement. So you cant tell if its a firm no or an "influenced" no.
That's how some pollsters get the desired opinion that those who are doing the commissioning of the poll seek.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
but lets remember what the question is here, this is not a political discussion, we are talking art work for cash, no matter what way you look at it, they are gaining financially from something they don't own the selling rights for, and even if you say it's to cover the cost of the bandwidth, in a round about sort of way its the same thing, now we know that he has easily covered the BW cost for a year so why is it still being charged for?

let's not forget also that advertising would easily cover the costs, so why I ask you is he not using that option to it's full potential, it already has money coming in for advertising.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
neardark said:
but lets remember what the question is here, this is not a political discussion, we are talking art work for cash, no matter what way you look at it, they are gaining financially from something they don't own the selling rights for, and even if you say it's to cover the cost of the bandwidth, in a round about sort of way its the same thing, now we know that he has easily covered the BW cost for a year so why is it still be charged for?

let's not forget also that advertising would easily cover the costs, so why I ask you is he not using that option to it's full potential, it already has money coming in for advertising.

Nobody is disagreeing with your right to have an opinion on the matter and you have discussed it at much length on other threads - however this is about the lack of impartiality in your poll so that you get the result you want.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
neardark said:
www.cdcovers.cc has more people use that in one day that the wii cover art has in a week and they don't need members to pay? ask yourself why that is?.
Don't you have to pay to enable batch downloads at cdcovers.cc? That's exactly the same situation as the Wii covers - they're free unless you want the batch download option.

Personally I don't have issues with the paying of a £1 (or whatever it is) but I do with the reasons/excuses behind it. I'd respect DJTaz more though if he was more up-front with his points and said "I've written the back-end for batch downloads and feel I should be paid for my efforts, with that in mind you can either pay £1 or download them individually" - that seems pretty fair to me. It's the use of the bandwidth excuse that bugs people as that's something that can easily be resolved (I could host it for starters). The guy could and should be honest and simply state that he wants paying for his work, even if it's only a tiny amount... Hell, if I'd written it I'd be charging you as well.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"I'd respect DJTaz more though if he was more up-front with his points and said "I've written the back-end for batch downloads and feel I should be paid for my efforts"

I made that very point on another post.

people have offered to host the site for him and they would worry about the cost, why I ask you did he not take that offer, because it's not about the Bandwidth, it's about the money.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
neardark said:
poeple are voting the way they are because of how the view it, not because of what I wrote.
Unfortunately for the reasons I have already given you cannot even hope to confirm that. Its a well established polling trick and unless you have spoken to each person individually you don't know if they are a firm no or an "influenced" no.
My point being is that if you were hoping to shows the poll results to the host of wiiboxart as proof of your statement - well you simply cant as it stands.
I am surprised you cant edit the poll - I know you can add in poll options but I didn't know you couldn't edit the text of an option.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"people have offered to host the site for him and they would worry about the cost, why I ask you did he not take that offer, because it's not about the Bandwidth, it's about the money."

Can noone answer this??

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For all we know he has taken up that offer or is in talks. but even if he hasn't so what. The guy created a service that wasn't there before and has become very popular.
At the end of the day the site he has still offer's a free service, all he has done is offer better service for people who are willing to surport his site. There are a million sites out there that do the exact same thing.

Talking about whats morally correct is not an argument here, if your purchased the game you would already have the cover!

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neardark said:
the site has had Total Hits : 24023

Image if 10% of them donate.

its had more that but each time it went down the counter reset itself and thas why the site went down because of the strain it was putting on the server resources.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my biggest problem with this whole thing.

It's not me being cheap, or anything else of the sort. This guy is making a profit off of others work. Other people scan and send him this stuff. Also, the box art is copywrited material.

What he is doing is the same as you downloading a game, burning it and selling it. I was unaware that so many users at GBATemp are in favor of these type of things.

Unfortunately, GBATemp can't keep up with everything that is going on in the Wii area, or most users would be banned.

This is not only piracy it is piracy for profit.

If this dude was doing custom covers, and selling them, I would have no issues. I would say fine. But he is full of shit, and showed it. What does the fact that his system resources were being fully utilized have to do with BW? Nothing. He changes his story all the time, and claims he makes no profit. He's full of shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol