Hacking USB Loader GX - Game Settings Database?

Jango8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there
I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a site that contains a database of the game settings needed to work properly on USB Loader GX.

I am having a few problems with a few games and was hoping there is a database / site that details exactly what settings are to be selected in USB Loader GX

THanks

Jango8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was having trouble with mario party 8, COD: World At War but I deleted the images and reinstalled from USB Loader GX and all fine now. Not sure what that problem could have been??

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jango8 said:
Hi there
I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a site that contains a database of the game settings needed to work properly on USB Loader GX.
I am having a few problems with a few games and was hoping there is a database / site that details exactly what settings are to be selected in USB Loader GX
THanks
Sometimes, you will find the answer you are looking for here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Game_Compatibility_Table

Hope it helps!

yay.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mario Party 8 doesn't need any particular setting.
It should work fine with default setting (IOS249, no alt dol, no ocarina, no video patch). I'm using WBFS partition, with cIOSrev17.

for CoD, I never played it, I don't know if it need something special. you can check the Alt dol Method (see bellow) to see if it's a known reloading game.
The wiki doesn't say anything for this game, it should work fine.

There's only few games needing a special setting :
Musical games (guitar hero series, all games needed microphone) : Hermes 222/223 [37+38]v4
Monster Hunter Tri, animal crossing (needs USB for Wiispeak) : Hermes 222/223 [37+38]v4
Arc Rise Fantasia : cIOS[56]rev20, or wiiflow with cIOSrev17
New super Mario Bros : need a patched dol (done by the loader since r822)
Prince of Persia : need a patched dol (done by the loader since r935)

Then, there's a lot of games which you need to boot using Alternative dol method, to prevent dol reloading.
SSX blur, Red steel 1, Metroid duo/trilogy, etc.
For these one, before starting the game, go to the individual game preferences, booting method, alternative dol : select from disc + select known dol (if the loader find one, then the game is known as a reloading game and it needs the alt dol method).

And 2 games which need "alt dol+" method :
Sam & Max 1 & 2 : doesn't work on GX, but works with neogamma (and maybe other loader with "alt dol+" method)

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Cyan said:

Actually that patch was removed in the later revs, don't remember exactly from which rev is was, but it was with all the changed made for POP. So the later revs needs a wip file for NSMB to work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
petspeed said:
Cyan said:

Actually that patch was removed in the later revs, don't remember exactly from which rev is was, but it was with all the changed made for POP. So the later revs needs a wip file for NSMB to work.
It's not removed, the function is renamed in the source code in r935 :
/trunk/source/usbloader/apploader.c, line318
NewSuperMarioBrosPatch(dst, len); -> NSMBPatch(dst, len);
And the actual patching function has been moved from the apploader.c to a separated file : /trunk/source/patches/gamepatches.c

If NSMB doesn't work anymore, it's a bug. The code is still here since r822

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yeah removed is the wrong word because I don't think it was intentional but anyway it is not working for me without the wip file. I upgraded directly from r874 to r935 so I don't know exactly when it happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back