Hacking USB Loader GX - Homebrew Wii Game Load Black Screen ? Price is Right / Pyramid (US Regional)- PAL

Carl6464

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3rd September 2020

Does anyone know why a few of my games will not load on USB LoaderGX on my homebrew Wii console,
The screen flickers as if its going to load but stays black screen. most of my other wbfs games work fine run from teh same USB stick,
its just a few games that stop at the black screen, is there a quick fix i can try even if I only have t do it when i wnat to play these games.
thank you

Games: Price is Right Decades TPIRDecades [SRVE41]
and Pyramid [SP3E41]

My wii console is a PAL machine, and the above games are US, I have tried to ,load the games with several loaders including: WiiFlow USB LoaderGX and Gecko(forcing region) but blakc screen sticks and I have to remove the power cable from the machine and re-start it to get back to main screen.
I have been trying for weeks to get these to work but no luck, if I load the wbfs files on my computer with Dolphin Emulator, they work find
which seems to indicate the wbfs files are working and not corrupt.
my system is using IOS 249 to load games.

How do i find out what IOS the game need to load correctly

the game in question is: The price is right Decades, the other two versions of the game work fine

I don't know what we are suggesting there nowadays but there are some good ones

would it tell me what IOS the game needs to function

if i knew what the IOS was needed, is could load that one in manager and see if it works

are there a set of comman IOS's as well as IOS 249

I have the original disc also, and it still does not work when I force the region fore the disc from US to PAL

i still get a black screen in ether LoaderGX or Flow

if i load the wbfs file on my computer with dolphin, it works on there

but not on the wii

another game with same effect is one called : Pyramid

both of these are US games

Are you a wii master with knowhow that can help me with this one ??? im stuck at a dead end on this one. keep it as simple as you can, and provide a link if i need anything additional like WAD's. Cheers

Last edited by Carl6464,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...