Hacking USB Loader GX not recognizing SD card after upgrade

migu3lcbn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I recently soft modded my wii ver 4.3U to play gamecube and wii games. I was using USB Loader GX and everything was working fine until I upgraded my old 16gb sd card to a 32gb one. I simply formatted the new one to FAT32 and copied all the files that were on the old one and everything seems fine, all my homebrew apps on the sd work fine except USB Loader GX. Now when I start USB Loader all the boxarts I had downloaded for my games are missing and I had a theme installed and it went back to the original white one. I’m guessing it’s not locating the config files on the sd. I tried changing the custom paths to see if I could set it to read the sd again where all the cfg files and boxarts are but no success. Anybody know how to fix this?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recently soft modded my wii ver 4.3U to play gamecube and wii games. I was using USB Loader GX and everything was working fine until I upgraded my old 16gb sd card to a 32gb one. I simply formatted the new one to FAT32 and copied all the files that were on the old one and everything seems fine, all my homebrew apps on the sd work fine except USB Loader GX. Now when I start USB Loader all the boxarts I had downloaded for my games are missing and I had a theme installed and it went back to the original white one. I’m guessing it’s not locating the config files on the sd. I tried changing the custom paths to see if I could set it to read the sd again where all the cfg files and boxarts are but no success. Anybody know how to fix this?
Hello,

Is your new SD card from a recognized good brand?

Often lower quality cards give errors (do not read files, ....).:hateit:

In which version is your usb loader gx ??

USB loader gx does not play games on SD card, only on USB.

What is your USB support or your games (usb keys, external hard drive) ??

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: Alexander1970

migu3lcbn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello,

Is your new SD card from a recognized good brand?

Often lower quality cards give errors (do not read files, ....).:hateit:

In which version is your usb loader gx ??

USB loader gx does not play games on SD card, only on USB.

What is your USB support or your games (usb keys, external hard drive) ??

Yes I have all my games on an external hard drive and I can still play them with no problem but it seems it’s not reading the settings and config files I have on my sd I tried moving all the files to the hard drive and nothing. I have usb loader ver 3.0 rev 1271. All the other apps which are on the app folder on my sd seem to be working fine. Only usb loader and another app I have called wiixplorer for viewing files don’t seem to recognize the sd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes I have all my games on an external hard drive and I can still play them with no problem but it seems it’s not reading the settings and config files I have on my sd I tried moving all the files to the hard drive and nothing. I have usb loader ver 3.0 rev 1271. All the other apps which are on the app folder on my sd seem to be working fine. Only usb loader and another app I have called wiixplorer for viewing files don’t seem to recognize the sd.

It’s a 32gb Sandisk micro sdhc

killerZTE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Check the way of storing the partitioning information (MBR or GPT), some homebrew has problems recognizing GPT c;

migu3lcbn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

[SOLVED] Problem was the new sd. Switched back to the original sd and everything was back to normal. It was running all the homebrew apps form the sd but usb loader couldn’t read the config files from the sd. Instead it created a config folder on the external hard drive with new settings files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    btei @ btei: why does blue flavour taste so yummay