XP
Country
Canada
Possible relevant info:

red wii, 4.3U
homebrew installed
CIOS installer used, beta53 base 56 slot 249, beta 52 base 57 slot 250
WBFS 3.0 manager used to format 16GB usb to WBFS format
WBFS 3.0 manager used to format a small partition of USB Drive (200 GB formatted to WBFS)
Download of the case/cover art says "3 missing files" (for the 16 games, it said 30+ files to download[I assume 32, I can't recall the exact number])

I was able to put 7 games onto the 16 GB stick. I tested, and was able to play, those games when I first tried it out. a few days later, when showing my roommate's kid how to play these games, they were no longer showing up. A brief google seemed to indicate that in WBFS format, if one file is corrupt, then all games are unplayable.

I switched to a 1.5 TB usb drive, and formatted 200GB to NAT32. Using the WBFS manager, I formatted that partition to WBFS. I then loaded 16 games onto the drive.

I can play 9 of those games. It would appear that the original 7 games I once had on the 16GB stick are not displaying (they are also on the 200GB partitioned drive). Is it possible that the images I had downloaded (to turn the ? icons to the cover art) is somehow tricking the wii to thinking that those games are found on a different drive (the original USB, and not the larger drive)? Is there a way to find those cover arts and delete them, so I can download them again?

EDIT: These 9 games are also now not showing up.

Last edited by Venari,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wouldn't recommend formatting your drive into WBFS, as it's not necessary anymore and you can use FAT32 perfectly and without issues, unless the drive is defective.

I have almost the same configuration.
-Red Wii 4.3U
-Homebrew Channel
-WiiFlow
-Nintendont
-250 GB HDD formatted as FAT32, no issues so far.

Used WBM (Wii Backup Manager) Build 78, to transfer the games to the HDD, with no problems at all.

Check your drive against errors before trying again.

Venari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Used WBM (Wii Backup Manager) Build 78, to transfer the games to the HDD, with no problems at all.

I used build 78, but whenever I select "Drive 1" at the top, I don't seem to gain that dropdown menu for selecting which drive to use. What gives? Every youtube video I see using build 78 gets a dropdown menu for selecting a drive letter, but I don't.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used build 78, but whenever I select "Drive 1" at the top, I don't seem to gain that dropdown menu for selecting which drive to use. What gives? Every youtube video I see using build 78 gets a dropdown menu for selecting a drive letter, but I don't.

Then I presume a HDD issue on your side. It must be detected and visible on Windows Explorer to be read and used on WBM.

Venari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Attachments

• wiibackupmanager78.png
    wiibackupmanager78.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 433

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Press "Select"
It's possible the drive has to be FAT32/NTFS formatted before it will show up (or at the very least have a drive letter assigned with Disk Management)

Venari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Press "Select"
It's possible the drive has to be FAT32/NTFS formatted before it will show up (or at the very least have a drive letter assigned with Disk Management)

Select brings up a bunch of faded options, such as "all", "none", "Invert selection", "load from file", and "load from folder".

The drive is formatted as FAT32. And according to your logic, I should be able to select ANY of my other drives (master HDD, slave drive, etc etc). The drop down menu simply doesn't exist.

Is there an option, or setting I should be activating to do this? I'm following all the steps in every youtube video I've seen that uses WBM, and have re-downloaded the file from multiple sources. I'm beginning to suspect that I'm not destined to play Wii games on a USB drive :(

Last edited by Venari,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Press "Select"

SELECT is for the games, not the drives.

You must Enable a drive before you can use it. It doesn't really matter if it's formatted as NTFS/FAT32/WBFS, but FAT32 is preferred as the Wii can manage it more easily.

If you have tried adding a drive, does an error message display? And if so, what does it state?

Attachments

• wbm.png
    wbm.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 825
Last edited by CMDreamer,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's strange that you have the "file" options when on the "drive1" tab.

The program let you hide drive letters, to prevent listing C: for example.
Maybe there's an option to mask all drives, but it shouldn't be selected by default.

there's also a "mounted drives only" which displays only partitions with letters.
if your drive doesn't have a letter, disabling that option will let the program list it anyway.

go to option>settings>drive tab. don't hide any drives letters.
if there's nothing useful in that option tab, you can try an older version of that program.

I can provide one if needed. (I'm using build48)
edit:
https://filetrip.net/wiiu-downloads...wii-backup-manager-0-4-5-build-78-f26812.html
click on the right menu "Other version 17" and you'll find many of them. try build 73, then go in decreasing order.
When you test, do not just replace the files in the same folder ! delete the folder completely (or uninstall the program first).

Last edited by Cyan,

Venari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to run Wii Backup Manager with admin permissions.

I've attempted this previously (as suggested by a youtuber I had posed this very problem to), and it did not work.

SELECT is for the games, not the drives.

You must Enable a drive before you can use it. It doesn't really matter if it's formatted as NTFS/FAT32/WBFS, but FAT32 is preferred as the Wii can manage it more easily.

If you have tried adding a drive, does an error message display? And if so, what does it state?

I viewed your attached image, and you're showing the dropdown menu that I'm trying to get to in the first place. Where do I enable a drive? A brief perusal of the settings didn't show me any options for that.

it's strange that you have the "file" options when on the "drive1" tab.

The program let you hide drive letters, to prevent listing C: for example.
Maybe there's an option to mask all drives, but it shouldn't be selected by default.

there's also a "mounted drives only" which displays only partitions with letters.
if your drive doesn't have a letter, disabling that option will let the program list it anyway.

go to option>settings>drive tab. don't hide any drives letters.
if there's nothing useful in that option tab, you can try an older version of that program.

I can provide one if needed. (I'm using build48)
edit:
https://filetrip.net/wiiu-downloads...wii-backup-manager-0-4-5-build-78-f26812.html
click on the right menu "Other version 17" and you'll find many of them. try build 73, then go in decreasing order.
When you test, do not just replace the files in the same folder ! delete the folder completely (or uninstall the program first).

None of the drives are hidden (none of the drives are checked in that tab). I checked the rest of the settings window, and found nothing that will help me. After supper I'll begin trying out the previous versions.

Unless somebody knows why games stop showing up when I use a WBFS formatted drive after a day or so, trying to figure out how to use this program might be my best shot...unless there's an alternative program?

Venari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok guys I figured it out:

Before I was extracting only the .exe file when I was downloading the Backup Manager. I extracted everything from the .rar and now I get that dropdown menu that I haven't been getting before.

Thank you all for your patience, help, and suggestions in what was a trying time for me.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hold on, why were you unpacking a RAR file? I've downloaded mine from official site and it is a ZIP file, not a RAR.
If you didn't downloaded the software from its official site, you might get fake software and virus/trojans/spyware and alike, be careful.

Reactions: Venari

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's what I suspected.
That's why I said to FULLY replace the folder, and not just "replace the file".

Glad it's fixed.

Also, few things you should know:
WBFS partition format is not well seen by users, that format can have issues and corrupt your games, especially if you ever used "WBFS Manager" program.
always use Wii Backup Manager, and it should be fine.

FAT32 is a preferred format, it works with all other homebrew at the same time (emulators, gamecube loader, games, media players, tools, etc.) and your computer doesn't ask to format it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...