Hacking USB Loader GX (or any other USB Loader) crashes when it tries to load my HDD

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
OP
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, recap time.
So @Illuminaticy invited me to his Discord server, and we both tried our best trying to solve the problem (while he was driving, jesus how dangerous). Apparently, the cIOS tutorial I used was drunk and I installed a buggy cIOS. Illuminaticy sent the correct cIOS version my way. Then I also deleted the old config file, and I managed to format it to FAT32. Apparently, it worked! ...for like 1 round. I managed to install and boot up Sonic Unleashed once, ONLY ONCE, and at that moment I was very lucky.

It just went all downhill after that. I tried NTFS, WBFS, FAT32, all on 32k cluster size, I deleted all the partitions, we managed to convert the HDD to MBR, the cIOS and USB ports are correct, the dump was fine I tried several USB Loaders... Nothing. It showed before converting and installing a different cIOS signs of life, and that was it. It never worked again after that.

If there are any ideas left, please let me know. I'll make a troubleshooting guide soon for anyone who has the same problems as me so we can lower the amount of the same posts being made over and over.

Reactions: Illuminaticy

Nudu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm person No. #32857928 with basicly the same issues that everyone else has posted on this forum. All the USB Loaders crash when they load my 1TB hard drive. I've seen various posts with various solutions, so I didn't know what to pick. I even partitioned it to 250GB, still crashes. I tried USB1, didn't load at all... There's nothing on it.

Any solutions?
did u format ur hdd to wbfs?

Atiq

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any updates? I'm having a similar problem...

I have a 4tb Seagate HDD that I have partitioned 1tb(0.99tb) Fat32 for GameCube games, which works. 3tb(2.65tb) NTFS for my Wii games, which use to work. I had about 170 Wii games and 600 GameCube games which loaded fine. I then added the rest of my Wii games. All up around 1k and now wiiflow/USB loader GX/ WiiXplorer all crash when trying to load up the NTFS partition on the HDD.

The drive is GPT and not MBR... Why did it seem to run fine with 170 games but start to cause DSI errors when I added the rest of my games with Wii backup manager? I haven't changed anything format wise

Atiq

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've installed the lastest cIOS, i dont know what the problem could be! I found another 4tb HDD that I'm gonna play around with and see if I can get working. I'll partition it into 2 parts maybe first partition NTFS(Wii) and second fat32(GameCube)

Just strange how it was working fine before, then decides to crash, I've seen maybe post with people claiming that they use NTFS just fine.

Do you have two partitions fat32/NTFS and any above 2tb?
Post automatically merged:

Seem to have overlooked the total drive size...

The Wii has a drive limit of 2tb (including all partitions) unless you get a WD with that fake MBR method.

I misunderstood the 2tb limit as partition limits so that a 4tb with 2x2tb partitions would work, but it does not, regardless of format FAT32/NTSF.

Last edited by Atiq,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1