• Views 7,248,766
  • Replies 29,383
  • Likes 48

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started to notice that if I went fast threw the loader it restarted to the HBC. I have about 232 games on it. What could be causing the problem.

I reformat the sd card and downloaded the covers again. it did it again when I went fast threw the covers.

theuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theuser said:
I have a question about the auto patch feature. I'm just wondering how it works. I've done a lot of work on patching PAL images to NTSC and I've had moderate success with all except one. It's Gottlieb Pinball Classics and, as much as I've done with manually patching the image, it never seems to work. But if I put it on a USB device and load it with the auto patch option turned on (with no other options enabled) it works perfectly. Is there any way I can figure out what the "auto" is actually performing? Here's a list of things I usually try when attempting a region conversion. All these have failed on this image.

Auto Patch video modes w/ Waninkoko's patcher
Auto Patch video modes w/ generic patcher
Manually edited video mode values
Patched region code w/ regionfrii
Patched region code w/ generic patcher
Patched embedded image region code

I should also mention that VMC crashes when I try to use it on this image.

Any help on demystifying the "auto" patch? Is there an SVN where I could take a look at the source?

GxUser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is probably a stupid question but i was wondering if there would ever be a way to start the SD Card Menu from usb loader because i would love to have preloader autoboot usb loader gx on start and after games but my kids have some wiiware games they like. so im not able to autoboot usb loader or have it boot after a game

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Has anybody got carnival games mini golf to work with GX, I have tried all kinds of settings but it freezes every time at the same point just after the company logo gets cleared from the screen. I woudnt bother but my kids love this game and as I autoboot GX from preloader getting it to work saves all the hasle of going back to the system menu just to load this one game from disc. I have no problems with any other games at all.

Thanks in advance

GxUser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
Hi. Has anybody got carnival games mini golf to work with GX, I have tried all kinds of settings but it freezes every time at the same point just after the company logo gets cleared from the screen. I woudnt bother but my kids love this game and as I autoboot GX from preloader getting it to work saves all the hasle of going back to the system menu just to load this one game from disc. I have no problems with any other games at all.

Thanks in advance
maybe your disk you used to burn the game off of was scratched i suggest trying to see if someone you know has one you can try my kids horse game did the same thing but my fix was copy onto computer then the hard drive instead of copying with usb loader gx

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with Metroid Prime Trilogy and alt-dol loading from the disc. Each game on the disc has its own dol for it to be run properly. For example rs5_mp1.dol loads Metroid Prime 1, rs5_mp2.dol runs Echoes, and rs5_mp3.dol boots Corruption. When I select the dol from the disc and immediately start the game everything works fine, but when I reboot the Wii/loader it hangs the next time I try booting one of the games. When I go into the Game Load options it says that the selected dol is merely "rs5" instead of "rs5_mp1.dol" or whatnot.

My best guess is that the loader doesn't properly save the underscore in the dol's name. Could this be addressed in a future revision? I tested this on both r647 and r715, just so you know.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GxUser said:
nikeymikey said:

Thanks in advance
maybe your disk you used to burn the game off of was scratched i suggest trying to see if someone you know has one you can try my kids horse game did the same thing but my fix was copy onto computer then the hard drive instead of copying with usb loader gx

I am currently ripping game to my comp to try this!!

blueseeka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been having problems using the gx forwarder channel. I just freezes the Wii after the splash page before the actual gx loader appears. Everything works fine entering GX thru homebrew. Weird. I am one the most recent DOL file and the newest GX forwarder channel. Anybody else having this problem?

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blueseeka said:
I have been having problems using the gx forwarder channel. I just freezes the Wii after the splash page before the actual gx loader appears. Everything works fine entering GX thru homebrew. Weird. I am one the most recent DOL file and the newest GX forwarder channel. Anybody else having this problem?

i have this issue with the Forwarder only if im using my 8GB SDHC card but if goin threw HBC i can load it fine ..
the forwarder seems to have an issue with some SDHC cards ..

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
so i have to burn this do play it on usb?!! just great

The alt .dol on disc option doesn't mean burning a disc. The disc it refers to is the disc image already stored on your WBFS drive. It searches that and finds all the .dol files and then just asks you which to boot.

At least I assume that's how it works in GX, as that's how it works in all the other USB Loaders.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i doubt it would be that easy. from what i've read you either have to burn the disc (and cos it's DL only 1 type of disc works and you need to correct layer break) and put it in that's the disc option or extract all the dols and put them on sd card for the damn thing to even work.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
i doubt it would be that easy. from what i've read you either have to burn the disc (and cos it's DL only 1 type of disc works and you need to correct layer break) and put it in that's the disc option or extract all the dols and put them on sd card for the damn thing to even work.
If that's how it works in GX, then switch to Configurable, which is that easy. I'm pretty sure GX has this feature too, though. It'd be pretty crazy if we've been loading alt .dols directly in such a simple manner for ages now and you guys still have to fool around with WBFS managers and disc burning.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:

But it is that easy. It works like that in GX and the other loaders from what was said earlier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH