• Likes 48

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
EDIT: It freeze on the black screen when I load new super mario bros. I go back to r883.dol which I used and it works perfectly fine. Is that because I need Herme 222 rev 5 for r920? I have Herme 222 rev 4.

I don't think that HERMES V5 is supported properly for FAT32 Hard Disk

You are warned .......................

Raj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using Rev 874 and updating via the Wii has never been a problem before, but now it says that there is no new update. Is there anything I can do, or do I have to manually update? If the latter, do I just replace the DOL, or is there anything else I have to do to ensure that all current settings e.t.c remain compatible with the new version?

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You'll need to manually update.
By default the update feature will only update you to a revision deemed by the team to be stable enough for general use.
They haven't done so in a while.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
RockmanForte said:
Thanks.. I will go with r920 then.
smile.gif

EDIT: It freeze on the black screen when I load new super mario bros. I go back to r883.dol which I used and it works perfectly fine. Is that because I need Herme 222 rev 5 for r920? I have Herme 222 rev 4.
Might be conflicting configuration files. I would start off clean for r920.

How do I clean for r920 ?

Raj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
toejam316 said:
You'll need to manually update.
By default the update feature will only update you to a revision deemed by the team to be stable enough for general use.
They haven't done so in a while.

Ah ok thanks for the reply. I guess that 874 is considered the last stable version by the team then? Do you know what else needs tp be done during a manual update, or is replacing the DOL good enough?

Or as stated above should I just go clean?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
EeZeEpEe said:
RockmanForte said:
smile.gif

Try deleting the config files. I believe there are 3 files. Back them up on to your computer just incase you want them later. THe next time you start up USB Loader GX it'll create default config files.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
RockmanForte said:
EeZeEpEe said:
RockmanForte said:
smile.gif

Try deleting the config files. I believe there are 3 files. Back them up on to your computer just incase you want them later. THe next time you start up USB Loader GX it'll create default config files.

Oh I forgot about that, lol. I was told that r920 isnt stable right now. Is that true?

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raj said:
I'm using Rev 874 and updating via the Wii has never been a problem before, but now it says that there is no new update. Is there anything I can do, or do I have to manually update? If the latter, do I just replace the DOL, or is there anything else I have to do to ensure that all current settings e.t.c remain compatible with the new version?

Can't you check on an option to get beta versions somewhere in the GUI?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
EeZeEpEe said:
RockmanForte said:
EeZeEpEe said:
RockmanForte said:
smile.gif

Oh I forgot about that, lol. I was told that r920 isnt stable right now. Is that true?

Same thing.. freeze. I am staying wtih my old version stable for now.

I am back to r874.dol stable one but when I load usb loader gx and the message said:

Reloading into ios 236
IOS 236 not found, reloading into 36
Starting up
Initializing controllers
Initialize USB (wake up)
Reloading 249...0

then I can run my games just fine.. What is IOS 236 ? Should I use it ? When I used r884.dol and I dont have that message before but I decide to go with r874 because it is stable unless you tell me otherwise and I got that message instead. I am on 3.2u -- look at the signature below, thanks.

I found this answer:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199328&st=0&

Still, should I install it anyway?

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have not found a working solution with rev above 899 and NTFS drives. R919 and R920 keep code dumping when. GX Loader reports it cannot find a game partition but lets me select the NTFS partition and then code dumps. I have tried hermes v4 and 5 and wanis cios 14 and 17.

I will double check to see if my wbfs folder is lower case, other than that I guess it stops at r899.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcomed.

MrPibb12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using r921 with Waninkoko v19, and hermes v5- tried loading games with NTFS partition, and every single game would freeze(wouldn't boot, gave black screen & froze wii). I tried changing a bunch of options like default IOS(222, 223, 224, 249, and 250), but still didn't work.

I reformatted the drive as WBFS partition with WBFS Manager 3.0(could only do so in winxp, no luck in vista x64), reinstalled the games, and now everything is working.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not going to reformat at all. I dont want to copy and paste the games in the folder to PC and do it then bring it back into the folder and run it every time. I am fine with what I am doing now --- an old version. Its more stable to my point of view, I guess. Again if you object me for the reason and now is the time to do it. I am listening.
smile.gif

GolemdX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
parashep.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, with r919 and Hermes v4, none of the games work EXCEPT for Animal Crossing: City Folk. Everything else gives the black screen and nothing happens. This is with a FAT32 drive...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GolemdX said:
Hmm, with r919 and Hermes v4, none of the games work EXCEPT for Animal Crossing: City Folk. Everything else gives the black screen and nothing happens. This is with a FAT32 drive...

I'm running exactly the same, with no problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong