• Start date
  • Views 7,224,014
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have a problem. Well, not me, a mate...

Okay, so I told him to install cIOS38 rev17, update to 4.2 (using the SAFE updater) and gave him the latest r919 to use. It would load and scroll and everything but would freeze when ever 'A' was clicked on anything. I then said to use the installer, which sould install r879 (or is it different?) and he did, same thing.

I've seen this issue myself before but I just updated. And I noticed if it couldn't estamblish a network connection it will freeze up. Anyone else have this issue? Does it need a trucha signed 36? I thought it solely needed just a cIOS to run.

So yeah, loads HDD fine, scrolls though games fine but freezes whenever 'A' is clicked on anything... :/

I gave him these lists to test out himself:
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list

I'll also get him to test other loaders but currently it happens with this and only been tested with GX.

Also, apperently is worked once when he loaded the loader from the HBC (not the forwarder which is mostly being used). I also got him to reinstall the cIOS rev17.

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed it all just fine, but when I plug my usb drive in, it just goes to a blank white screen with no options. Will that change when I put games on it? :v

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Gingy said:
So I installed it all just fine, but when I plug my usb drive in, it just goes to a blank white screen with no options. Will that change when I put games on it? :v
Yes. But make sure the HDD is connected before you launch the loader.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to USBLGX team, but I've officially switched to CFG Loader. Your program keeps changing my settings back to default, at random times. The changes in the way you could select BGM music were the first red flag for me, I miss the ability to preview the song with the play and stop buttons, instead of having to choose the file, then change it if you don't like it. With CFG, its so much easier... Good job guys, but I'm done. Maybe I'll check the "progress" in a few months and see if anything changes, not many updates latley....

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ZombiePosessor said:
Thanks to USBLGX team, but I've officially switched to CFG Loader. Your program keeps changing my settings back to default, at random times. The changes in the way you could select BGM music were the first red flag for me, I miss the ability to preview the song with the play and stop buttons, instead of having to choose the file, then change it if you don't like it. With CFG, its so much easier... Good job guys, but I'm done. Maybe I'll check the "progress" in a few months and see if anything changes, not many updates latley....
Instead of making negative posts like this you could've simply posted what your issues were, and asked if there were any fixes, or made suggestions on what should be changed.
So, in a way you have yourself to blame for the features you want not showing up - the team aren't psychic, and they can't just develop something you want if they don't know you want it.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone here want to update the Readmii?
I haven't been paying attention to the new features, so I wouldn't know how to explain them.

All that needs to be done is to update a few things, like explaining how the FAT32/NTFS system works or how to switch partition (I think thats possible now?). And maybe expand the Setup guide a bit.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me or reply here.
smile.gif

TheApatheticOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize in advance due to that Im sure its been answered around a million times, but as I checked the first post, and used search, I couldnt find an answer. And due to not having the time to sort through 800+ pages, I thought it would be quicker just to ask...

I just modded today. I have USB Loader GX on my 4.2U Wii. Since I have a 4.2u and am completely up to date, will I have any issue with backing up New Super Mario Bros (yeah, I checked that thread too!)? I know when it first came out there were quite a few issues, but has everything by chance advanced now to the point where I can install it and boot it from the USB External harddrive, no fuss?

armorcois

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi sorry if this is a repost i just cant seem to find an answer. Im trying to activate parental controls i tried via usb loader and via system menu, and both. I cant get any of them to work. I am running 921 version for the channel, any suggestions???

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
TheApatheticOne said:
I apologize in advance due to that Im sure its been answered around a million times, but as I checked the first post, and used search, I couldnt find an answer. And due to not having the time to sort through 800+ pages, I thought it would be quicker just to ask...

I just modded today. I have USB Loader GX on my 4.2U Wii. Since I have a 4.2u and am completely up to date, will I have any issue with backing up New Super Mario Bros (yeah, I checked that thread too!)? I know when it first came out there were quite a few issues, but has everything by chance advanced now to the point where I can install it and boot it from the USB External harddrive, no fuss?

Yes you should be able to do that without problems.

Aircraft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WD 500G HDD full of games working on USB Loader GX, no issues at all, formatted WBFS with a 5G FAT32 for disk and cover art. I ran out of space, so I formatted a 1TB drive with Wii Backup Manager and cloned it. USB loader GX starts, sees all the games, but black screen when I launch a game. I checked the drive with Wii Backup Manager, it sees all the games, and checked them all good.

Is there some configuration files I need to delete or something that has to be regenerated? The original drive still works great, but I want the larger drive for more space.

EDIT: I tried changing the IOS from 249 to Hermes 222 v4, and now the 1TB drive works fine. Was there ever an issue with USB Loader GX and 249 loading drives >500G? The 500G drive works flawlessly on 249, but on the 1TB, GX hangs when the game loads unless I change the global setting to 222.

cyba89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to switch from a wbfs partition to FAT-partition.
I installed 222 and 223 IOS with hermes v4. I'm on cIOSx rev19 with IOS38.
After that, I formatted my drive and copied a game into the wbfs-folder with the wii backup manager.

but when i start usbloader gx it doesn't show the game (i have rev894)
when i go into the game settings it says at menu point "partition" "WBFS0 (0,00GB)"
I can't change this setting and when i click on it with the a-button i can't change any of the other settings or exit the settings-menu

Can someone help me, please?
cry.gif

TheApatheticOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the HDD spin down still an issue? My HDD is formatted WFBS, 4.2U version of the Wii and I dont want to get all my backups on there and realize this is a problem. Installed Wii Sports Resort last night. It booted just fine, played a game of bowling, turned it off. So I assume its okay? I read in another post that it USED to be a issue, but with the newer loaders, that issue is history (obviously Im using the newest USB Loader GX). Is that true?

Also, with 4.2U and the newest version of USB Loader GX, is there any games anymore that will give you issues installing? I asked about NSMB earlier, bu Ive read Red Steel 2 and SSBBrawl have had past issues where you had to patch this and that, and add this and that, but with my current set up, is that I thing of the past, just install and live happily ever after?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheApatheticOne said:
Is the HDD spin down still an issue? My HDD is formatted WFBS, 4.2U version of the Wii and I dont want to get all my backups on there and realize this is a problem. Installed Wii Sports Resort last night. It booted just fine, played a game of bowling, turned it off. So I assume its okay? I read in another post that it USED to be a issue, but with the newer loaders, that issue is history (obviously Im using the newest USB Loader GX). Is that true?

Also, with 4.2U and the newest version of USB Loader GX, is there any games anymore that will give you issues installing? I asked about NSMB earlier, bu Ive read Red Steel 2 and SSBBrawl have had past issues where you had to patch this and that, and add this and that, but with my current set up, is that I thing of the past, just install and live happily ever after?

Games with issues
Rugby League 3 - with GX loader only quick play available - CFG Loader plays OK
CSI - Think its deadly intent (but may be the other one) - does not play on any usb loader

Red Steel 2 needs alt dol (wii motion vid)
SSBB - works fine for me!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I borrowed an original Guitar Hero 5 and dumped it to WBFS partition using cIOS249[don't remember the base, 38 I think] r19.
Then I tried to run it (using cIOS222[37+38]) and I only got that message before black screen :

WBFS error : bad magic

Is that the Magic of the HDD or only the guitar hero magic which is not dumped correctly ? (if each games have a magic)
Other games are still working, so I think my partition's magic is good.
Should I try wiimm tools to check my drive ?
I deleted that dump from my drive to prevent running it and causing more damage (if it's possible to cause any).

With Wii Backup Manager, it didn't detect the game as a bad dump and all the games were good, but it only check the header data.

Or is it caused by r19 ?
I can go back to r17 if 19 is the cause.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok thanks.

So it was only that particular game, not my drive
smile.gif

I thought backup manager checked for that string too to detect bad iso, but it detected it as good.
That's not a big problem, I don't have a guitar anyway. it was just a test. thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong