• Likes 48

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks I got it all taken care of now, I'm on 4.1U and everything's working

Is it possible to make the Wii immediately boot into GX instead of system menu?

Yup

Install priiloader (modmii does this if you follow the guide)
Download the complete GX 2.3 package - gets you the forwarderV4.dol put it on the root of your SD
Make sure you have installed the forwarder .wad to your wii
start priiloader, install the .dol file in the settings page
Set priiloader to auto start the file

I do this to ensure the kids can never get to anything other than GX (and homebrew apps through GX)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have Bootmi Boot2, you can even use this to boot the Forwarder channel:
Bootmii mod UNEO

@[member='Giever']
I also have semi dead SD card.
They are working fine with all devices but not with the Wii. (and it's when using the Wii that they became semi-dead).
The card wich worked fine started to be unresponsive after playing some homebrew (maybe FAT32 lib is bad?), or using FTPii (with FlashFXP instead of filezilla it was my error).
The card is so slow that it needs sometime more than one minute to even detect it's inserted (No HBC animation when inserting the card and no bubble popping out when ejecting it).

I tried to format them many time with SDFormater, but it didn't help.

The card works fine in PC, DS, PSP, but not Wii.

Reactions: 1 person

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Thnks for the tips, I've tried both methods but there's a problem. If the Wii boots without a drive plugged in I see the GX splash screen, but after plugging in the drive it goes back to the system menu (where there is now a GX channel). If the Wii boots with the drive already plugged in it still goes straight to system menu. Any ideas? Maybe I need to put some GX files on the HDD?

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Giever']
I also have semi dead SD card.
They are working fine with all devices but not with the Wii. (and it's when using the Wii that they became semi-dead).
The card wich worked fine started to be unresponsive after playing some homebrew (maybe FAT32 lib is bad?), or using FTPii (with FlashFXP instead of filezilla it was my error).
The card is so slow that it needs sometime more than one minute to even detect it's inserted (No HBC animation when inserting the card and no bubble popping out when ejecting it).

I tried to format them many time with SDFormater, but it didn't help.

The card works fine in PC, DS, PSP, but not Wii.
I see... well, I just hope that the new card I get doesn't get screwed up for awhile from Wii use, then. x.x

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I figured out the problem, it was something really stupid... I had renamed the loader's folder, so the forwarder couldn't find boot.dol. Now everything's up and running and my Wii is finally perfect. Thanks for all the help

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, now that I've got an SD card working, I decided to try installing r1155 to see if I can get DML working on USB Loader GX as well. Have people been able to get GameCube games working through USB Loader GX? I tried converting and putting a few on the SD card and installing the DML wad, but unfortunately every time I select the game from USB Loader GX, my Wii loads for a second, then turns off completely. Kinda worrisome. >_>;

I realize this is definitely not a "supported" version or anything at this point, so I'm more just wondering if anybody has had much experience with getting this stuff working, or might know what's going on. Thanks!

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
So, now that I've got an SD card working, I decided to try installing r1155 to see if I can get DML working on USB Loader GX as well. Have people been able to get GameCube games working through USB Loader GX? I tried converting and putting a few on the SD card and installing the DML wad, but unfortunately every time I select the game from USB Loader GX, my Wii loads for a second, then turns off completely. Kinda worrisome. >_>;

I realize this is definitely not a "supported" version or anything at this point, so I'm more just wondering if anybody has had much experience with getting this stuff working, or might know what's going on. Thanks!

When I played with GC loading via DML a while ago my Wii was doing that too. It turned out to just be due to the fact that I didn't have a disc in the drive. The first thing I'd try just putting a game in your Wii (which can be either Wii or GC) and retrying.

As of DML r54 you don't need a disc (I think) so try updating to r56, say, and see if that helps.

funtomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I am using USBLGX and full emunand. d2x v8 and r.1155 from beta thread, fat32 disk with wbfs and apps folder

when i finish game it reset wii to first screen (health screen) not to wii menu
when i choose return to usb loader gx it working

Is it normal that wii is reseting after ending game ???

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I get the latest beta build with both DML and Banner support?
It is not out yet.

This is a preliminary version that partially implements banners. It is just for previewing purposes only, so no need for bug reports, etc.
Here is the latest revision I've seen precompiled. It supports DML, but not banners. It's the one I currently use.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
It is not out yet.

This is a preliminary version that partially implements banners. It is just for previewing purposes only, so no need for bug reports, etc.
Here is the latest revision I've seen precompiled. It supports DML, but not banners. It's the one I currently use.
Thanks themanual I have both, I thought there's one with both features.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not out yet.

Thanks themanual I have both, I thought there's one with both features.
I'm awaiting eagerly the next official release. It will become my only loader. Right now I'm juggling between USB GX, CFG and Wiiflow.

funtomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I am using USBLGX and full emunand. d2x v8 and r.1155 from beta thread, fat32 disk with wbfs and apps folder

when i finish game it reset wii to first screen (health screen) not to wii menu
when i choose return to usb loader gx it working

Is it normal that wii is reseting after ending game ???
Did you enable "Block IOS Reload" setting? (either in the global setting, or in the game setting)

I have had AUTO, than I set to ON but doesn't helped me

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I hope the official release has both the icon & banner support, something like the disc channel.
For instance you choose a game then you see the disc png and the small icon banner which when clicked shows the full banner.
That would be awesome.
This is how it's working :)
We finished adding features, fixing and debugging it.
We are now adding user's preferences related to the channel mode into a new "Channel Settings" menu.

I didn't try Gamecube DML yet.
I don't know how GC banners look on that mode.

No release date for the moment.
We are still testing all these options, but it's almost there ;)

@[member='funtomas']
Did it happens only with USBloaderGX, or with other loaders too?
It might be a cIOS problem.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1