• Views 7,223,926
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your drive hidden with uStealth? That was the only time I had issues with games on EmuNAND. If it is, try unhiding your drive and see if you still have the same problem.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you think you can add injected games to the WiiTdb list? Cause if so it'd help me a lot.
no, I won't add injects as they are not official.
anybody can create these wads using any TitleID they want and nobody will have the same titles for the correct game.

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
no, I won't add injects as they are not official.
anybody can create these wads using any TitleID they want and nobody will have the same titles for the correct game.
That's why I asked if it's possible to edit the title somehow without messing with the original wad file, something like add a game to the WiiTdb list for your own personal usage.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can add a game to the list.
open the xml in a text editor and add a game (copy a group of xml commands and edit the values)

I don't know any graphical xml editor, I only use notepad++

awefour44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awefour44 :
Thank you for all your tests.
It's strange that some games are based on the console's setting and not on the detected current video mode. I guess it's all based on the developer's choice.
I suppose the other way it's the same, you can't force 480i if your console is 480p.
I don't know if there's anything I can do about it, unless I'll edit the sysconf before launching a game but it will not revert back when exiting or shutting the console.
What I don't understand is why the game is still using the console's mode instead of picking one of the modes found in its dol's list.

All your listed games are not multi-dols, so it's not the issue here.
Only Zelda is, but the "video.dol" is not loaded if you already watched the wiimote+ video.
All dols from multidols games should be before launching the game. If not, you can try to select the dol to launch.
It could help if the video mode is checked only on the main.dol and not on the reloaded dol. But like said, your list doesn't have any.

Yes, this is also true.

This is a decent idea worth considering as a new loader option, maybe called "Change sysconf video" or similar. It could be used not only for the problem Wii titles I listed, but also for Wiiware/VC channels (since they don't patch with the current method anyways). With this option all games (and channels!) could be started with their desired resolution without having to manually change the Wii settings. Like you said, the console's video mode would be different depending on the last game played, but assuming each game's video option was properly set this wouldn't matter (or add an additional option to automatically change the sysconf to some preset mode when USBLoader is booting up).

Anyways, thanks again for your replies and for supporting USBLoader! :)

Just wanted to bump this old issue (see also #19775)---in my opinion it remains the only flaw in an otherwise near-perfect loader.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just committed a new release.
r1259, it's only a small fix. nothing important. It's just latest changes I did since august and never released.
* Rename meta.xml to lower case.
* Updated game's region detection and set "Region Free" instead of PAL as default value.
* Added RU/FI/SE cover download if EN is not found on gametdb.
* Remove outdated fileden.com specific code in image downloader functions.
* Set default game window change direction to XFLIP_SYSMENU for natural behavior.
* Force a game's title reload when selecting a different EmuNAND path.

I'll revert SSL now to fix network issue.

awefour44 :
I'll re-read that post to remember what was the issue.
But video mode is hard to fix, and if it require sysconf editing on the fly I don't know how to do it.
There's also a bug in all channel launching where no settings are applied, it's a long time bug, but haven't look at it yet.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It'd be cool if you could add the option to disable and enable the use of Bios with Nintendont per game by renaming the bios files or moving them somewhere else when disabled, it doesn't seem like it'll be implemented in Nintendont any time soon if ever and it can screw up the use of real MCs "when I use them with games like SA2 for the Chao garden" plus it looks odd to have the GC bios when booting up a GBA or N64 inject, just a suggestion and feel free to ignore it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can users with the network freeze issue test this build?
Try downloading covers and see if it freeze.

I removed SSL and nintendont update feature. it should fix the download issue.
I don't like removing options, but it's necessary to fix the current bugs. I'll add it back later if possible.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

I don't like removing options, but it's necessary to fix the current bugs. I'll add it back later if possible.
Cyan, while you're at it could you please take a look at the issue some of us brought to your attention some time ago? The fact that developers like CAPCOM chose to ignore the proper AR of some older (4:3) flags and games like RE are launched in 16:9 instead of their original 4:3?
I know it's not an issue with your loader but at least on WIIU the fix is very simple.
Just add WiiU widescreen on a per game basis.
Yeah, yeah. I know you don't like adding features for just one console and not the other but AFAIK there's no easy way around it on the original Wii while us (vWii users) could solve it effortlessly.
Thanks dude.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
please please, stop with all those video mode settings. (not only you :P)
it's not easy to fix. I know every one want a 4:3 or fix interlace/progressive setting. I'm not fixing this for the moment. I'll take a look when I can.
Currently I'm trying to fix big issues (network issue, it's easy to fix but it's a big one)

sorry if I feel a little upset with my reply, but it's a request I have many time, and I know it exists.
I'm not sure how to add it yet. I'll have to think about it.
Also, I don't have these games to see and test myself, so it's not very easy to "understand" your concerns. I'll have to play and see by myself to understand what to do.

Reactions: Troopage

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

Dude! How insensitive can I be? I hope you and your loved ones are OK (regarding that shit that went down over there... those motherfuckers...)
Were you near there?
Hope everything is OK my friend.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

please please, stop with all those video mode settings.
it's not easy to fix. I know every one want a 4:3 setting. I'm not fixing this for the moment.
I'll take a look when I can.
Currently I'm trying to fix big issues (network issue, it's easy to fix but it's a big one)
OK. No worries. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention just in case you're interested in adding that option. Don't sweat it.
I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this.
Thank you.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I'm less working on it. I'm trying to fix what I can now but little by little.
I'm less "into it" right now. so harder part to code are a little discouraging to look into. I need to look at it more often.

Anyway, I don't live in Paris but in south-east (Italy border).
I don't have any loved one, but a cousin live at Paris. he is doing fine.
thanks

awefour44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please please, stop with all those video mode settings. (not only you :P)
it's not easy to fix. I know every one want a 4:3 or fix interlace/progressive setting. I'm not fixing this for the moment. I'll take a look when I can.

sorry if I feel a little upset with my reply, but it's a request I have many time, and I know it exists.
I'm not sure how to add it yet. I'll have to think about it.
Also, I don't have these games to see and test myself, so it's not very easy to "understand" your concerns. I'll have to play and see by myself to understand what to do.

I apologize also if my request came off as irritating... 6 months had passed since I last mentioned the video mode issue before today, and I would gladly wait another six months, years even if that's what it takes. Your support for usbloader-gx is always greatly appreciated! :-)

xombiemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll try this later tonight when I get home.

Edit:
I am on vWii using build 1259 from your sig. I'm trying to reproduce the problem before I try the 1259mod01 build you posted. I renamed a png file in my 2D folder and verified that the image was no longer showing in the interface. I initiated a cover download and it downloaded the missing cover successfully. I guess I need clarification on what the problem is and how to reproduce it.

Last edited by xombiemp,
Reactions: Cyan

Revenged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is your drive hidden with uStealth? That was the only time I had issues with games on EmuNAND. If it is, try unhiding your drive and see if you still have the same problem.

Thanks! It was not, but your hint gave me an idea to investigate the partition issue I mentioned. Turns out, for some reason EaseUS always insisted on creating two partitions. I used another program to repartition and reformat -> everything works now.

The only thing that needs to be done now is to compile neek2o for vWii. Anyone know how to do this? Not actually USB Loader GX related but just asking.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Look in vWii hacking section (don't remember if in hacking or faq), there's a tutorial made by JoostinOnline to compile neek for vWii.
But if you want neek2o for vWii, there's no guide to do it. The neek2o files were leaked "pre-compiled". it's not a good way to share as it contains official IOS data inside, but you should be able to find the files by searching on google I guess.

Edit:
I am on vWii using build 1259 from your sig. I'm trying to reproduce the problem before I try the 1259mod01 build you posted. I renamed a png file in my 2D folder and verified that the image was no longer showing in the interface. I initiated a cover download and it downloaded the missing cover successfully. I guess I need clarification on what the problem is and how to reproduce it.
I thought you were a user with the download bug so you knew what was the issue.
The issue is not downloading 1 cover, but downloading MANY covers.
the network freeze after a while (30sec-1min) and no further download can be done unless you force a re-initialization of the network (by going to homebrew browser and hit network button)

so, with 1259 try downloading 1 (or more) file. waiiiiiiit and try again.
if it works, you don't have the bug (like me), so you can't really test it with the 1259mod1.

for users who missed the post, I need this version to be tested :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/angj2ghp6ns146i/USBLoaderGX_r1259Mod01.7z

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Look in vWii hacking section (don't remember if in hacking or faq), there's a tutorial made by JoostinOnline to compile neek for vWii.
But if you want neek2o for vWii, there's no guide to do it. The neek2o files were leaked "pre-compiled". it's not a good way to share as it contains official IOS data inside, but you should be able to find the files by searching on google I guess.

I thought you were a user with the download bug so you knew what was the issue.
The issue is not downloading 1 cover, but downloading MANY covers.
the network freeze after a while (30sec-1min) and no further download can be done unless you force a re-initialization of the network (by going to homebrew browser and hit network button)

so, with 1259 try downloading 1 (or more) file. waiiiiiiit and try again.
if it works, you don't have the bug (like me), so you can't really test it with the 1259mod1.

for users who missed the post, I need this version to be tested :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/angj2ghp6ns146i/USBLoaderGX_r1259Mod01.7z

Just did a quick test on 1256:

my setup:
Wii, ULGX 1256, 500G HDD Fat32
I only use 3D covers and and stored on SD:\usb-loader\covers\3d
double check custom path is correct.
rename the 3D folder to something else and created an empty 3D folder
Was told I am missing 175 covers

The process completed in about 10 minutes (not remember how fast the downloading was before)
but it does completed and downloaded all missing covers apart from 12 which I believe are custom channels or weird games.

I do not have any problem with 1256 and so I did not tested 1259Mod

For those having problems are you storing the covers in HDD? FAT32/NTFS partition?

Last edited by tswntk,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan I know about the bug but just have been way to busy to test out your new build. But I should have it tested by the end of the week.

The only thing that needs to be done now is to compile neek2o for vWii. Anyone know how to do this? Not actually USB Loader GX related but just asking.
I used ModMii to create a new emunand and the latest uneek+di (I believe modmii uses neek2o as default). When ModMii was done it had 2 folet's for me. One that said "copy to SD" and one that said "copy to USB". I ignored the "copy to SD folder and only copied the contents of the USB folder to my USB drive. Then I found that leaked beta in another post and just dragged and dropped those files into my USB drive overwriting whatever it asked to. Then I installed all my WADS to emunand, loaded up USB Loader GX, changed on a per game seting to use neek2o and everything worked. Just one thing to note. If you install like a lot of games to your emunand you won't be able to into your emunand system menu. But the games will still load through USB Loader GX. So if you need to change any settings in your neek2o emunanswered than you should do it before installing the games to it. Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you need additional help.

Revenged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@Cyan I used ModMii to create a new emunand and the latest uneek+di (I believe modmii uses neek2o as default). When ModMii was done it had 2 folet's for me. One that said "copy to SD" and one that said "copy to USB". I ignored the "copy to SD folder and only copied the contents of the USB folder to my USB drive. Then I found that leaked beta in another post and just dragged and dropped those files into my USB drive overwriting whatever it asked to. Then I installed all my WADS to emunand, loaded up USB Loader GX, changed on a per game seting to use neek2o and everything worked. Just one thing to note. If you install like a lot of games to your emunand you won't be able to into your emunand system menu. But the games will still load through USB Loader GX. So if you need to change any settings in your neek2o emunanswered than you should do it before installing the games to it. Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you need additional help.

Hmm, are you sure this also applies for vWii? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that there is absolutely no way to use ModMii for anything vWii related. So the only way to have xNEEK on Wii U would be to recompile. That said, it seems that the same compiling instructions should work for neek2o: just use a different repository for checking out. I think I'll try that tonight and see how it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1