• Views 7,256,598
  • Replies 29,387
  • Likes 48

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a problem where the loader throws me back to either the Wii Menu or the Homebrew Channel, when i attempt to try and play a Wii game.

I'm using v30-r1260 on a Nintendo Wii and my external HDD is a TOSHIBA 2.5" Canvio Basics 500GB.

Drive is formatted as FAT32/NTFS.
File structure on NTFS partition is: x:/wbfs/gametitle_[gameid].wbfs
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 53431700
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United Kingdom (110)
Boot2 v4
Found 112 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535
Report generated on 04/10/2016.
Any help?

Last edited by LWares87,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
File structure on NTFS partition is: x:/wbfs/gametitle_[gameid].wbfs
I'm not sure this format is compatible. I'm even wondering how the loader can list the games. if it list games it should work, but this path shouldn't even list the games.

either use this :
x:/wbfs/gameid.wbfs
or
x:/wbfs/gametitle [gameid]/gameid.wbfs <-- prefered, and default, format.

Maybe you are already using the second path layout, but just forgot a part of it.

Other working format are :
x:/wbfs/gameid_gametitle/gameid.wbfs
x:/wbfs/gameid/gameid.wbfs <-- don't use it, even if it works it's not the best. it can create issues.

did you use WiiBackupManager to put the games on your drive?
There's an easy way to change all the layout for all your games in two seconds.
Launch WBM>option>
FAT32/NTFS> layout : "title [ID]"
enable: use subfolder
enable: auto-rename layout convention on mount
go to title tab>download gametdb, enable "use title from db"
save the settings, and mount your drive in "drive1" tab.
Done.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure this format is compatible. I'm even wondering how the loader can list the games. if it list games it should work, but this path shouldn't even list the games.

either use this :
x:/wbfs/gameid.wbfs
or
x:/wbfs/gametitle [gameid]/gameid.wbfs <-- prefered, and default, format.

Maybe you are already using the second path layout, but just forgot a part of it.

Other working format are :
x:/wbfs/gameid_gametitle/gameid.wbfs
x:/wbfs/gameid/gameid.wbfs <-- don't use it, even if it works it's not the best. it can create issues.

did you use WiiBackupManager to put the games on your drive?
There's an easy way to change all the layout for all your games in two seconds.
Launch WBM>option>
FAT32/NTFS> layout : "title [ID]"
enable: use subfolder
enable: auto-rename layout convention on mount
go to title tab>download gametdb, enable "use title from db"
save the settings, and mount your drive in "drive1" tab.
Done.
Huh, I've been using "x:/wbfs/GameTitle [GameID].iso" just fine. It seems pretty lenient. I forgot to put brackets around the GameID once and it still played just fine. Though next time I plugged my HDD into my PC, I corrected it, so it wasn't that extensively tested.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been using "x:/wbfs/GameTitle [GameID].iso" just fine.
I didn't remember that layout was working.
if you say so, then ok :P

The issue where it exits back to HBC or System menu can be two different things :
1. wrong cIOS, or no cIOS loaded. losing access to USB when reloading the IOS.
2. Game file not found. the path to the game can be different if you have dual HDD, and use IOS58 in the loader, then USB1 will be on port1 with IOS58 while it's on Port0 with cIOS. it can be bad dump, corrupted file, etc.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan has said in the past he doesn't want any donations. (link)
If he doesn't I'll happily accept them on his behalf XD

But in all honesty, I think Cyan deserves donations for the effort he put into this, if he doesn't want any that's understandable but I think if others want to donate for him he should still accept less he hurts their feelings, and believe me there are people who would feel hurt if you don't accept their donation or gifts.

In fact, now that I finally made a paypal account I think I should start donating to projects I like such as USB-Loader GX to show my support.

GrafK

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heya! I got a bit of a weird conundrum.

Playing on my Wii U / vWii (European, latest HBC, cIOSes: 249 base 56 v10 beta53 alt; 250 base 57 v10 beta52; 251 base 58 v10 beta 52). I can't seem to get Gamecube loading through Nintendont in combination with USB loader GX to work appropriately. I can use Nintendont standalone and it loads every game perfectly fine in every setting I choose, so this is neither a problem of my FAT32 formatted flash drive not getting read, me having wrong directories, nor having bad .iso's or similar. Gamecube loading through Nintendont DOES work when I set the loader IOS in USB loader GX to 58, but Wii backup loading ceases functioning at the same time inconveniently enough (and works again when I set the loader IOS back to 249, at the cost of gamecube loading). This is the screen that my Wii U freezes on whenever I try to load Gamecube games with USB Loader GX through Nintendont with the loader IOS set to 249 (I can't press anything whatsoever).

The weird part is that I can take the same exact SD card, put it into my original Wii running system menu 4.3E (I forgot which cIOSes I installed sadly, was ages ago) and be able to run Nintendont based Gamecube loading from the USB loader GX menu while having the loader IOS set to 249 perfectly fine. I even deleted all Nintendont and USB Loader GX config files and started them seperately on the Wii U so the configs would get created from there, but the behavior persists. USB Loader GX and Nintendont are on the latest release builds I could find, hitting the in-app update button in each yields no results.

Soooooo any suggestions on what I could do to make it happen on my vWii? I tried to google for every troubleshooting solution but I didn't really find anything that fits my case. Thanks in advance!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya! I got a bit of a weird conundrum.

Playing on my Wii U / vWii (European, latest HBC, cIOSes: 249 base 56 v10 beta53 alt; 250 base 57 v10 beta52; 251 base 58 v10 beta 52). I can't seem to get Gamecube loading through Nintendont in combination with USB loader GX to work appropriately. I can use Nintendont standalone and it loads every game perfectly fine in every setting I choose, so this is neither a problem of my FAT32 formatted flash drive not getting read, me having wrong directories, nor having bad .iso's or similar. Gamecube loading through Nintendont DOES work when I set the loader IOS in USB loader GX to 58, but Wii backup loading ceases functioning at the same time inconveniently enough (and works again when I set the loader IOS back to 249, at the cost of gamecube loading). This is the screen that my Wii U freezes on whenever I try to load Gamecube games with USB Loader GX through Nintendont with the loader IOS set to 249 (I can't press anything whatsoever).

The weird part is that I can take the same exact SD card, put it into my original Wii running system menu 4.3E (I forgot which cIOSes I installed sadly, was ages ago) and be able to run Nintendont based Gamecube loading from the USB loader GX menu while having the loader IOS set to 249 perfectly fine. I even deleted all Nintendont and USB Loader GX config files and started them seperately on the Wii U so the configs would get created from there, but the behavior persists. USB Loader GX and Nintendont are on the latest release builds I could find, hitting the in-app update button in each yields no results.

Soooooo any suggestions on what I could do to make it happen on my vWii? I tried to google for every troubleshooting solution but I didn't really find anything that fits my case. Thanks in advance!

Are you sure you're using r1260 of USB Loader GX?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't need money (well, I need like most people, but I'm not after few dollars or euro).
Users would feel bad if I refuse, but I will feel bad if I accept. I don't think I deserve money for what I did, which is not a lot compared to Dimok or previous developers. I'm only the last one, tweaking things here and there. not really developing anything. the project already existed before me.

I'm also against donation, because a lot of people feel like developers owe them for donating.
"as a donator, I prefer/like/request/demand/....." "I paid for it, I expect it to work" etc.

And third, Donation needs to be declared like a job's earning in France if it's for a product I provide or create and is taxed at 60% (yes, France takes 60% of your gift!). I wouldn't win anything on it. I would even have to create a society to be covered. the Paypal "make a donation" is illegal in France if it's not for a society/association.
Too much hassles for few $ which would not even cover the expanse.

@GrafK:
The issue is because you are using the "alt" version of the cIOS.
and you probably use it because you want to plug two different HDD at the same time?
Two drives is not recommended, and is a hard to setup, you need to understand the partition initialization order based on the IOS slot you are using.
It's better to install v10 (r52, not r53), and don't plug the drive in Port1, but in Port0 (the top one on WiiU, bottom one on Wii).

I never recommend using the gamecube HDD on port1.
Just plug a single HDD at a time, on USB Port0.

If you really really want two HDD at the same time, you will have to understand all your setup.

GrafK

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I do not have 2 HDDs plugged in and don't intend to do so (the one flash drive I use has both Gamecube and Wii games - it is in port 0 btw), but I do have a LAN adapter and the official Gamecube-USB-Adapter plugged in (which as far as I can understand shouldn't give any troubles?). I installed the alt version because it was recommended by several guides I've seen without explanation, I didn't really question the intention behind that. I'll try installing r52 over that and report back. Thanks for the help (:

EDIT: I am using revision 1260 of USB loader GX, yes.

EDIT: reinstalling all 3 cIOSes with r52 did nothing to change the problem, sadly. My USB setup in detail: back port 0 = flash drive; back port 1 = LAN adapter; front ports: left port free, right port official GC-to-USB-adapter

EDIT: changing the loader IOS to 250 or 251 doesn't work either (with 250 the same thing happens, with 251 the flash drive doesn't get recognized). What now?

Last edited by GrafK,

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have Just dance 2016 pal video not black and white with usb loader gx on a NTSC Wii? All video modes stay the same or ends up a black screen .

even when using "video dol patch" to ALL and video mode to force PAL ?
the dol patching is supposed to really force a video mode into a game, instead of just setting the console before launching it.
but some games are not working with all modes, even when patched into the dol.
So far I can't find any setting that will allow Just dance 2016 pal to work with ntsc Wii without being black and white or black screen . Using ios250 and trying most video combination of the past and not having any luck. Anyone out there got just dance 2016 working?

LvPre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I can't find any setting that will allow Just dance 2016 pal to work with ntsc Wii without being black and white or black screen . Using ios250 and trying most video combination of the past and not having any luck. Anyone out there got just dance 2016 working?

When you click on Just Dance 2016, It gives a settings or start option. Hit Settings. Then Game Load. Video mode should say Force NTSC and Game ISO (near the bottom) should be 250. Then hit save. It should give me a success prompt. Back out and hit Start.

Also....maybe it is a bad download. Did it have a md5 check? Maybe re-download the file.

Last edited by LvPre,

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it set to 250, forcing NTSC causes a black screen . If I load on pal it is black and white . I haven't checked md5 yet . Yes I have obtained another copy same results.

Last edited by bm123456,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EDIT: changing the loader IOS to 250 or 251 doesn't work either (with 250 the same thing happens, with 251 the flash drive doesn't get recognized). What now?
Is your drive externally powered?
if it's not, you need a Y-cable to get enough power.

If your drive has enough power, maybe your issue is the same as a lot of users on wiiu : drive not detected with cIOS.
The current solution is to use IOS58 in the loader.

If you use only one drive, you shouldn't have any problem using IOS58 in the loader, as the partition order will match when reloading to cIOS to launch a game.

It's fine to keep d2x v10 (r52), this way you are sure you plug the drive in the correct USB Port. Well, I mean, if it works it means it's the correct port. If it doesn't then try switching the ports. remember on WiiU the port0 is the top one, it's reversed order from the Wii.

I haven't checked md5 yet
MD5 will not affect the color or black&white issue.
md5 just tells you if the ISO is good. if it's not good, it either doesn't boot at all, or crash while playing.
it doesn't change the settings.

Just get the game matching your console's region !
less hassles than trying to fix the color.
oh, and also, be sure to use component, not composite (which is a reason why games are not in color)

Reactions: bm123456

GrafK

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is your drive externally powered?
if it's not, you need a Y-cable to get enough power.

If your drive has enough power, maybe your issue is the same as a lot of users on wiiu : drive not detected with cIOS.
The current solution is to use IOS58 in the loader.

If you use only one drive, you shouldn't have any problem using IOS58 in the loader, as the partition order will match when reloading to cIOS to launch a game.

It's fine to keep d2x v10 (r52), this way you are sure you plug the drive in the correct USB Port. Well, I mean, if it works it means it's the correct port. If it doesn't then try switching the ports. remember on WiiU the port0 is the top one, it's reversed order from the Wii.

MD5 will not affect the color or black&white issue.
md5 just tells you if the ISO is good. if it's not good, it either doesn't boot at all, or crash while playing.
it doesn't change the settings.

Just get the game matching your console's region !
less hassles than trying to fix the color.
oh, and also, be sure to use component, not composite (which is a reason why games are not in color)

Well the drive does get recognized as said under loader IOS58 and 249. It doesn't get recognized under IOS 251 (base 58), even though it skips the "waiting for HDD..." step during loadup (USB loader GX quickly boots up and seemingly doesn't attempt to mount the USB).

I can use IOS 58 as the loader IOS and gamecube loading works perfectly fine. Wii loading however ceases to function without loader IOS 249 (the game simply blackscreens on loading). Individually I can get them to work as said but I'd like to be able to use both gamecube loading and wii loading simultanously without having to change the loader IOS every time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back