• Replies 29,389
  • Likes 48

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you i dont exactly understand this but hey, ill give it a shot!
A Wii Disc contains 2-3 "Partitions":

- U pdate - if you have an older System Menu Version,the Disc can update your Wii.
- G ame - as the Name says
- C hannel - some Games for Example "Wii Fit" als installs an Channel on the Wii Menu too.

If you look in the WiiBackup Manager
Ohne Titerrrl-2.jpg

you see,which Partitions the Game ISO have.
"Downloaded" wbfs Files usually have no other Partitions.

Thank you.:)

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cc @blackb0x and @Cyan - and is there gonna be an update to USB Loader GX soon based on some things that need the fixing?
I haven't had any bug reports for my enhanced version, so I'll probably just update my networking code and the translations. I also want to add support for RiiTag and some custom servers other than Wiimmfi.

I'll probably release the update within the next week or two. I've just been busy with other projects at the moment.

Blackb0x might add that feature back before I do anything on my side.
If I remember correctly you kept the code but prevented the options from being displayed. I've totally removed all of the code though and I don't plan on restoring it because the theme downloader requires a full recode. And at this point I don't think it's worth the effort since I'm not seeing a demand for the feature and people aren't actively making USB Loader GX themes anymore.

If there was a demand (more than 20 people) then I'd most likely add an XML file on my GitHub that'll contain information such as the themes title, a download link and a theme preview image. That way I could edit the XML to add more entries or update download locations.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Sneethan

Trophies
Website
cutt.ly
XP
Country
Australia
A Wii Disc contains 2-3 "Partitions":

- U pdate - if you have an older System Menu Version,the Disc can update your Wii.
- G ame - as the Name says
- C hannel - some Games for Example "Wii Fit" als installs an Channel on the Wii Menu too.

If you look in the WiiBackup Manager
View attachment 212350

you see,which Partitions the Game ISO have.
"Downloaded" wbfs Files usually have no other Partitions.

Thank you.:)

Thank you for explaining :)

i will try it later, does it matter whether the u partition is present or not?

thanks again :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, wait, there's a force widescreen option iirc in usb loader gx as well. some games won't be full widescreen, since they don't support it. castlevania the adventure rebirth is one such game, but you can make it nearly widescreen with the options.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Sneethan

Trophies
Website
cutt.ly
XP
Country
Australia
you mean like this?

View attachment 212376
that's normal. you may have to mess with tv settings. I have a framemeister, so I can make it widescreen:
View attachment 212377

No its on the top and bottom when i play certain ntsc games so imagine this image is any part of the game except one loading screen

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/84/f0/b484f0357ad1c4e0c795ad8e5587d9b9.png

It also happens in nsmb but only on the map and levels. All other screens are normal.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some games are weird like that. mega man x collection on the ps2, for example, changes resolution when it goes into the save screen or the game selection screen. it takes the framemeister a couple seconds to reupscale the image. once you're in game, it's fine unless you go to save, then you've gotta wait a couple seconds for the image to appear on screen. the games are 240p and the menus are 480i or p. I have it upscaled to 1080p.

The_Wacho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Actually this is something I didn't think about untill today, I usually shut down the console completely when I go to sleep. I turn of the power supply like I was unpluging the Wii from the socket. I don't know if that is a factor. The game that loaded on the 4th time was CSI Fatal Conspiracy, today I tried George of the Jungle and: froze in the morning, turned completely off the console and tried again in the afternoon, froze again but I retried right there and it worked, turned of the console for a while, tried again and froze again, only to work again after retrying one time. I wonder if it has anything to do with some games loading in 480i and some in 480p, its the only thing that I can think of.

All the games that I have are NTSC, the console is the red model with GC ports.

I am VERY happy to report that, after doing some minor tweaking in USB Loader GX (cios number was in 222, changed it to 249), every game that I load works perfectly, even my Rock Band drums work!
Thanks to everybody who took the time to respond.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd most likely add an XML file on my GitHub that'll contain information such as the themes title, a download link and a theme preview image. That way I could edit the XML to add more entries or update download locations.
you would need to update the xml every time there is a new released theme.
if you plan to use xml, why not use xml directly for the site hosting all the themes and where users submit them, it would be auto-generated and you wouldn't have the need to update anything manually. the xml/database/links would always be up to date right after a new submission.
Of course, it would work only with one host, but I doubt there are lot of places hosting unique themes for the loader.

That's just hypothetical, if you want to add that feature back. just wondering why going the manual-update route, instead of relying on auto-generated cdn.

Reactions: jeannotte

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
AGB-001 because it uses alkaline batteries, which I can find anywhere.

It will not have a backlit screen but it can be easily modified, it is also compatible with the entire catalog of GB

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you would need to update the xml every time there is a new released theme.
That's the idea. It would mean that if the host went offline then the download URLs could be changed without me needing to release an update for the loader ;) And I don't expect to add many themes since there's currently nobody making USB Loader GX themes anymore.

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have problem loading rockband 3 on japanese virtual wii using ios 250[56], it just show black screen
i tried same hdd with my modded us wii also using ios 250[56], rockband 3 boot just fine

maybe there's setting that needed to be changed?
any idea?
also im using the enhanced version usbloadergx

Last edited by hadi aulia,

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can USB Loader GX automatically start a game on startup? Similar to what CFG USB Loader can do?
I've searched online, but its all covered up by autobooting into USB Loader GX with Priiloader.

AzzidReign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to search for this and hopefully this has been answered and someone can point me in the right direction. When using any USB loader (USB Loader GX or WiiFlow) I can play a single game and if I go back to the system menu when I'm done and go to play a new game, it will not load. It will load the same game that I just played but will NEVER load a new game. Just gives me a black screen. I've updated all the files, used files from a wii that doesn't do this, etc. and nothing is fixing it. It's a real PITA to have to shut down, reboot, and select a different game. Any help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1