Gaming Hacking Emulation use cheat to see the seed for rng and wrong?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What?

Do you mean you have a cheat that is supposed to display/reveal the normally hidden RNG value for a game (which might well speak to next move or some other aspects of play that might be hidden) and it is not working?

Or do you mean you have a cheat that is working fine but want a discussion on the morality of cheating?

We can do either but I am not sure which one you want. You might also wish to note which game it is, probably going to be pokemon as I doubt many other cheats have been made for such purposes (you normally see it more for speedrun type things but I could be wrong and some multiplayer game has it).

DolglasR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What?

Do you mean you have a cheat that is supposed to display/reveal the normally hidden RNG value for a game (which might well speak to next move or some other aspects of play that might be hidden) and it is not working?

Or do you mean you have a cheat that is working fine but want a discussion on the morality of cheating?

We can do either but I am not sure which one you want. You might also wish to note which game it is, probably going to be pokemon as I doubt many other cheats have been made for such purposes (you normally see it more for speedrun type things but I could be wrong and ssorry, I wanted to say if using cheat to see display the seed for rng manipulation in Pokémon would be wrong?ome multiplayer game has it).

What?

We can do either but I am not sure which one you want. You might also wish to note which game it is, probably going to be pokemon as I doubt many other cheats have been made for such purposes (you normally see it more for speedrun type things but I could be wrong and some multiplayer game has it).
sorry, I mean, if using cheat to see display the seed for rng manipulation in Pokemon would be wrong? sorry for the mess

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That varies dramatically -- even in the far more normally discussed realms of legit (as in caught/bred/raised all via normal play), legal (could have been done by normal play, just entered via numbers in a spreadsheet instead. Might be super rare or represent thousands of hours) and illegal (could never have happened via normal play) pokemon we can't come to a conclusion. That is also befor

It would also depend what access to the hidden RNG value gives you. If it is something boring like finding hidden ID so you hatch shiny pokemon then most would say whatever, if you get some idea of the actual chance of success of a move beyond hat you might know as a good player then different matter entirely.

DolglasR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That varies dramatically -- even in the far more normally discussed realms of legit (as in caught/bred/raised all via normal play), legal (could have been done by normal play, just entered via numbers in a spreadsheet instead. Might be super rare or represent thousands of hours) and illegal (could never have happened via normal play) pokemon we can't come to a conclusion. That is also befor

It would also depend what access to the hidden RNG value gives you. If it is something boring like finding hidden ID so you hatch shiny pokemon then most would say whatever, if you get some idea of the actual chance of success of a move beyond hat you might know as a good player then different matter entirely.
and complicated I consider pokémons obtained by manipulation of readable RNG, however I can't do it the normal way like the tutorials out there that manipulate from gen 4 onwards without cheat tools, so I wonder if this is wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...