Use Switch screen while in dock instead of HDMI out?

lotech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I modded my switch with an Aliexpress Dock mod to take up less room and hopefully play on a table without using the crappy OG kickstand.
It still uses the Nintendo docks internals so is a safe modification compared to the issues other docks have had with USB-PD and frying Switches.

My question is (and apologies if this has been answered before I did a good search first) - is there a hack/app/patch that lets you 'dock' your switch but continue to use the Switches screen? When ever I plug it in it switches to HDMI out and the screen turns off (although shows that its charging first on the screen).
I had hoped ReverseNX-Tool would do this but it seems to be more about performance output.
Thanks - and lets hope 2022 is better than the last 2 years!

HTB1WTHwbcnrK1RkHFrdq6xCoFXaI.jpg

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if there is an option like that
You could always get a 3rd party dock like this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086WV8SKJ/
its bout 20$ and has a toggle button for just charging or HDMI out.
( have been using it for bout 6 months no issue with it ( using official power adapter)
61Esv0d1JgL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had hoped ReverseNX-Tool would do this but it seems to be more about performance output.
what does this even mean? it puts the games into docked mode just like you want it just has different effect on different games.some games just change the GUI size (Borderlands) , some just apply a bilinear filter (Terraria), and some allow much better textures (Ancestors Legacy).

lotech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I don't know if there is an option like that
You could always get a 3rd party dock like this one
its bout 20$ and has a toggle button for just charging or HDMI out.
( have been using it for bout 6 months no issue with it ( using official power adapter)
Thanks that looks like just what I want - I'm a little apprehensive of 3rd party docks though. Will think about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...