Homebrew Using a 3DS as a fake amiibo on Switch?

Arilys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried searching for something like this on both the Switch and 3DS boards but found nothing. If there IS some thread or post talking about it, feel free to shame my bad search-fu.

Anyway, I know we can use Wumiibo to emulate an amiibo on the 3DS, and emuiibo to emulate them on a Switch. There's also TagMo, to use an NFC-capable phone to create NTAG215 tags, or Thenaya to use a 3DS to do the same.

But since I have a phone with no NFC, don't want to buy the tags online (paranoid about not wanting card numbers online at all), and I own a Switch Lite (not hacked, so rip emuiibo for me), but I do have a hacked 3DS, I was wondering if there is some way to make the 3DS itself pretend that it is an amiibo. That way one could just tap the Joy-Con / Lite's right stick on the lower screen and have the Switch recognize it properly.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried searching for something like this on both the Switch and 3DS boards but found nothing. If there IS some thread or post talking about it, feel free to shame my bad search-fu.

Anyway, I know we can use Wumiibo to emulate an amiibo on the 3DS, and emuiibo to emulate them on a Switch. There's also TagMo, to use an NFC-capable phone to create NTAG215 tags, or Thenaya to use a 3DS to do the same.

But since I have a phone with no NFC, don't want to buy the tags online (paranoid about not wanting card numbers online at all), and I own a Switch Lite (not hacked, so rip emuiibo for me), but I do have a hacked 3DS, I was wondering if there is some way to make the 3DS itself pretend that it is an amiibo. That way one could just tap the Joy-Con / Lite's right stick on the lower screen and have the Switch recognize it properly.
Nope get a nfc enabled phone and buy tags

Reactions: ShinyDarkrai47

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Not exactly your use case, but there is an android app that can emulate a joycon and send amiibo data to the Switch, but it requires a rooted phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rdapps.gamepad&hl=en_US&gl=US
Before the 12.0.0 Switch update this used to work without root, but since then Nintendo changed some stuff in the Switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch