Using Azif DNS, but PS4 downloaded game update?

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ahhh I didn't realise that you were installing that way, I'm just using a 128GB USB Stick I bought for this exact reason ahaha

And yeah... Finding time to actually play games is one of the hardest parts about this whole process :rofl: I think I find more enjoyment in just doing something I know I shouldn't be doing!

I can vouch for this, all my update tickboxes are turned off in the settings. Anyway, it's not a huge issue so I'm just gonna either live with it and delete updates if they download, or just turn off the internet connection altogether which is more likely ahaha
my usb stick is only 8GB. I can only use it for injecting goldhen ^^;

totally agree. it's weird that the game "hoarding" process is more fun than actually playing the games hahaha

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
the ps5 isn't really about graphics, as there's not a giant leap from the ps4. it's more about speed with that high end ssd, so sony has made it to where you can only play ps5 games that way, so you have next to no load times. when the power went out a few days ago due to a gas leak a few miles away, the ps5 scanned the ssd like the ps4 does, and it took less than two seconds to finish.
I couldn't agree more about the speed. the SSD is a blast. I've been playing Nioh 2 on PS5, and constantly dying, but the loading takes 1-2 seconds and then your back on the field again. amazing! it takes lots of the frustration away.

I remember last time I played star wars jedi fallen order on PS4, and tried to use the hardest difficulty, but what frustrate me was not the difficulty level, but how it takes 1-2 minutes loading every time you died. it makes me crazy.
so I just simply decided to go back to normal difficulty (or probably it was easy mode, just for the sake of finishing the game).

but now, due to recent update in PS4 scene, my PS4 has risen back from the slumber, with a roaring jet engine sound hahaha
(*I really should find time to clean my PS4)

btw, I tried using external hardrive that I usually use for PS4, on PS5, but unfortunately it triggers the PS5 rest mode issue, in which will crash during rest mode, so I have to repair database again. I think it has something to do with how the USB 3.0 external hdd goes to sleep. at least that's the issue on my PS5 (I read that different people have different trigger for the rest mode issue)
I hope the SSD price goes down soon. because I don't think the internal storage capacity will be enough in the long run.

Last edited by arabtm,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't agree more about the speed. the SSD is a blast. I've been playing Nioh 2 on PS5, and constantly dying, but the loading takes 1-2 seconds and then your back on the field again. amazing! it takes lots of the frustration away.

I remember last time I played star wars jedi fallen order on PS4, and tried to use the hardest difficulty, but what frustrate me was not the difficulty level, but how it takes 1-2 minutes loading every time you died. it makes me crazy.
so I just simply decided to go back to normal difficulty (or probably it was easy mode, just for the sake of finishing the game).

but now, due to recent update in PS4 scene, my PS4 has risen back from the slumber, with a roaring jet engine sound hahaha
(*I really should find time to clean my PS4)
yeah, I get no loading times with ratchet and clank, and the other game I've played is tales of arise, and it takes like one second when the loading icon appears. it's insane. I did put my ps4 games on an external hdd. the one thing that sucks is you don't get very much space as stock, and the ssd's for the ps5 are very expensive. I might upgrade, but only once I have enough ps5 games. ;)

Reactions: arabtm

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yeah, I get no loading times with ratchet and clank, and the other game I've played is tales of arise, and it takes like one second when the loading icon appears. it's insane. I did put my ps4 games on an external hdd. the one thing that sucks is you don't get very much space as stock, and the ssd's for the ps5 are very expensive. I might upgrade, but only once I have enough ps5 games. ;)
I assume you didn't get the rest mode issue with using the external HDD (see my previous edited message).
what HDD brand are you using btw to store PS4 games?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far so good, but I've only used the hdd for a couple days. it's a wd black 5TB hdd with no power cable or rather it's powered by the ps5 itself. I think there's an option to turn off the external hdd after so much time. not sure what mine is set at.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I just looked it up on my system. I can't guarantee this is the issue, but I have send power to usb ports as always:

20211217_172044.jpg

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
alright, I just looked it up on my system. I can't guarantee this is the issue, but I have send power to usb ports as always:
I tried that, but unfortunately I still have the rest mode issue :( so I just gave up and unplug the external HDD.
but luckily it finds its usage again back on PS4 :)

I'm using this one. I think it's WD passport 2TB or something.
81zJejzy3QL._AC_SX466_.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure, but you might check wd's website for an app to turn off sleep mode for that model if that's what's happening.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my usb stick is only 8GB. I can only use it for injecting goldhen ^^;

totally agree. it's weird that the game "hoarding" process is more fun than actually playing the games hahaha
I use a really old 512MB flash drive that my company used to hand out to clients for injecting goldhen. I honestly can't believe it works since it's very, very unlikely to be 3.0. Just one of those old credit card style USB Sticks :rofl:
wafer_alloys_blog.jpg

Bought a 128GB USB Stick for about £15 on Amazon, great purchase. And a Micro SD to USB adapter so I can use the 128GB Micro SD I was using for my switch as a Flash drive since I upgraded to a 256GB Card. It's been a busy week in modding consoles :D

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have lots of games installed and don't have any issues with game updates downloading. Using Al-Azif DNS at all times. Need internet on so use trainers so switch off is not an option. :)

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the latest Azif DNS? Suddenly the User guide is not working anymore.

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I use a really old 512MB flash drive that my company used to hand out to clients for injecting goldhen. I honestly can't believe it works since it's very, very unlikely to be 3.0. Just one of those old credit card style USB Sticks :rofl:

Bought a 128GB USB Stick for about £15 on Amazon, great purchase. And a Micro SD to USB adapter so I can use the 128GB Micro SD I was using for my switch as a Flash drive since I upgraded to a 256GB Card. It's been a busy week in modding consoles :D
haha..I also have those kind of usb drive. got it from conventions probably. it really takes lots of space haha
my laptop is very old. probably close to 10 years now. so, copying big files to usb drives takes ages ^^;
but it's fun when we use the tools that we have as best as we can, without resorting to buy a new tools everytime haha

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have lots of games installed and don't have any issues with game updates downloading. Using Al-Azif DNS at all times. Need internet on so use trainers so switch off is not an option. :)
hi. thanks for replying! may I ask what firmware and goldhen version that you're using? because both me and @MikeyTaylorGaming experienced this issue, and we're fairly new in the scene, with the latest FW 9.0.0 JB. I want to know what is the difference between my settings and yours, because I also use the same DNS (both DNS are identical, so it doesn't matter which one is the primary/secondary).

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so anyway...I was very surprised last night when I opened my PS App. It shows all the latest FPKG that I installed! :wacko:
I made sure to use the DNS, but it seems Sony still detects which games that I played. but it didn't connect to the server, because the Trophy data are still empty. again, I made sure to use the DNS while having the Network connection on.
so, some connections are not blocked by the DNS apparently. but again, perhaps because of the new JB method/GoldHen version? I don't have any idea.

I hope this kind of thing doesn't affect my username, as in getting banned ^^;
even If I'm banned, would it affect the console too? I'm even a bit worried, since I use the same username on my PS5 ^^;
do you guys think my PS4 & PS5 console will still be safe from getting banned?

I checked the guide here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/
and in point #10, it says:
DO NOT USE ONLINE DNS IF YOU HAVE LEGIT PSN CONTENT ON YOUR CONSOLE: IT WON'T BLOCK SONY 100% & CAN DEACTIVATE IT.
is it because of this, some connections still exist? because I do have legit PSN contents too.

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-19 at 05.44.25.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-19 at 05.44.25 (1).jpeg

Last edited by arabtm,
  • Wow
Reactions: Mo Poge

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi. thanks for replying! may I ask what firmware and goldhen version that you're using? because both me and @MikeyTaylorGaming experienced this issue, and we're fairly new in the scene, with the latest FW 9.0.0 JB. I want to know what is the difference between my settings and yours, because I also use the same DNS (both DNS are identical, so it doesn't matter which one is the primary/secondary).
9.00 and i use the goldhen auto load on Al-Azifs host.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8