• Total voters

Eric Skittles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just laying in bed thinking- I looked at my Wii and realized I hadn't played it in forever. It's softmodded and has all the goodies on it. But I feel like the reason I've stepped away from it for so long is because I hate having to reboot the game every time I want to adjust my activated cheat codes.
So i guess I'm just asking:

Is there any possible way to use cheats in-game/real time? Is anyone, maybe, experimenting with or working on something would make this possible?

Last edited by Eric Skittles,

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think development is pretty much dead on the wii nowadays. Besides the cheat systems that are already available do the job just fine. Although thinking about it you may be albe to do what your asking ie realtime cheats by using a USB Gecko if you find one available to buy somewhere.

Reactions: Eric Skittles

Eric Skittles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So with my experience of Wii hacking, I never really understood what "USB Gecko" was. I always figured they talked about the homebrew application. What differences are they between the two?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
USB Gecko was/is a hardware device that plugs in to the gamecube memeory card slot and has a usb socket on it, this enables it to be connected to various bits of pc software. I know it was used for finding cheat codes back in the day using a prog called Wiird i believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: It was in yours actually :D:tpi::rofl2: