Zelec

OP
Trophies
Website
timejump.lndyn.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using linux for the past 4 or so years and with everything going on with windows recently (like the forced upgrades to windows 10) I would like to atleast somewhat remove my dependance on my virtualmachine of windows. So I am curious what kinds of programs would I be able to use on my linux computer that relate to 3DS modding, commandline or graphical interface it doesn't matter (and before that one guy starts to say "just use the windows utilities on wine", some don't work under wine also I can't be the only one curious about this).

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What utilities do you use? I have never found a 3DS utility I couldn't run, at worst under wine. Most I even found they had a Linux version even if I didn't know it at first and it had to be pointed out to me.

I have been using Linux for around 15 years and haven't dual booted or even had a Windows virtual machine for most of that time. So I feel your pain at trying to avoid it.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most command line tools build fine under *nix. There's not many gui tools with cross platform releases, maybe a couple, however besides wine you can also run some stuff (the ntr debugger client comes to mind) using Mono.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
@Zelec (or a mod), is there some way you could change the title of this thread to include a question mark, and maybe something like [Request] instead of [Utilities] to make it clear that you're asking for Linux tools?
Maybe I'm not the most attentive person, but when I saw the title with no ? in it, my first thought was that someone was releasing a set of 3DS tools for Linux.

Reactions: ashinnblunts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4