Valve's Steam Deck wins Golden Joystick's Best Gaming Hardware award

20221122_173214.jpg

The Golden Joystick Awards is currently celebrating its 40th Anniversary, and today it has just published their winner for the Best Gaming Hardware through a tweet on November 22nd, 2022.

The winner for the Best Gaming Hardware of this year is none other than Valve's industry changing gaming console, the Steam Deck.

Given the console is still on its infancy, the Steam Deck has caused quite the stir in the gaming and PC landscape, bringing Linux gaming into the forefront with some hefty hardware to achieve AAA PC gaming on a portable device, and with development and production going into full motion by Valve, we can only expect better things to come for the newcomer to the gaming world.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well deserved, I've been basically GLUED to my Steam Deck since i got it last summer, i haven't used my switch since lol...the software is nothing short of amazing... and the gamepad is so well done, i haven't had a single game that hasn't felt amazing with it. Congrats Valve, you've once again stolen my heart (and wallet lmao)

Last edited by AngryCinnabon,

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well deserved, I've been basically GLUED to my Steam Deck since i got it last summer, i haven't used my switch since lol...the software is nothing short of amazing... and the gamepad is so well done, i haven't had a single game that hasn't felt amazing with it. Congrats Valve, you've once again stole my heart (and wallet lmao)
I've wanted one since launch, I hope I can get one soon.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Even though I don't own one, at least it made the handheld PC more competitive. Before GPD tried to go crazy with prices on the Win 3 until buyers complained. Now they have to price well now due to Steamdeck being !$400 on lowest config.

I do wish they didn't limit it to certain countries. Like I probably would have gotten one if I didn't have to use overpriced 3rd party sellers.

Reactions: Gronbar

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty decent hardware for the price, especially when you look at alternatives. Even the Nintendo Switch, which is locked down (and vastly inferior harware/BOM).

What sets the SteamDeck apart, is the features, Valve have really pushed boundaries, for what corporations are prepared to allow/provide.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The award was earned solely and exclusively by the $400 model.
The Deck is not the first or the only portable gaming PC but cramming all that into a $400 device was groundbreaking and brought it to a much wider audience.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The award was earned solely and exclusively by the $400 model.
The Deck is not the first or the only portable gaming PC but cramming all that into a $400 device was groundbreaking and brought it to a much wider audience.
Not to mention Valve it's self being the 3 billion dollar company it is could easily take a loss and regroup via digital sales. Though I think the 512gb version would still sale well given the other devices MSRP that's almost double.

Reactions: Darksabre72

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Having a busy life-schedule with family, job and many other responsibilities, Steam Deck is the only thing that allowes me to keep up with my hobby. If not for the Steam Deck, I probably would have given up on gaming in general.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto