Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels finally has a western release date

E9D3BF4E-375E-494C-9B13-90ABAFBEBF97.jpeg

During E3 2017, those in the west were treated to the announcement that the latest game from Vanillaware—creator of Dragon’s Crown and Muramasa: The Demon Blade—would be getting a localization. Exactly three years later, IGN’s pseudo-E3 2020 has brought us the reveal of when those in the west can finally get their hands on the game, after such a long wait. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will be launching on the PlayStation 4 this September 8th. On launch, the game will only feature subtitled, Japanese voice overs, as the planned dub was delayed to to COVID-19, though the English voice work will be available eventually in a free post-launch patch.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: aMp and Mama Looigi

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I saw the date and thought it was day, mouth, year, and was excited thinking this came out on my birthday. Only to read that it's month, day, year, and comes out in September. Everything is awful!

Reactions: Jayro

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally!
This has been my most wanted game since its announcement 3 years ago.

Where is my steam and switch port of Muramasa Rebirth Odin's Sphere Dragon's Crown
Nevermind those pipedreams, where's the translated port of Princess Crown?

Last edited by duwen,

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It feels like it's been forever. Even if the timing with the post-launch patch and everything isn't great, supporting them is good, I love their stuff.

Switch won't happen, but I do feel the lack of handheld. This was originally planned for the Vita, which is a shame, because I think that platform was perfect for Vanillaware.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to admit my interest in this game has waned since the Japanese version has come out. Not to stereotype Vanillaware, but all of their recent games have been action games. 13 Sentinels is a significant departure from that, and while I want to reward them for trying something new, an RTS mixed with a visual novel just doesn't perk my interest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...