Hacking VC hacked yet?

sabinraijin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see SNES and NES rom packs on BT, but those use GC homebrew emus, not the VC. Has anyone figured out a way to play, say, N64 roms with the Wii's VC? I'm not asking for roms or anything of the sort, I just want to know if it's been done so I can find out if my search for info has been futile
tongue.gif

sabinraijin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bah.

Ah well, someday we WILL have a perfect N64 emulator. Looks like the VC is our best bet, as long as it gets hacked....

djbouche

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe the emulators are part of each game for download, so they are probably specifically tailored to each game, and only emulate hardware, mappers (NES), and other specific things that are needed for the game to function... Leaving you with probably an emulator good enough only for the "ROM" data given to it.

Even then so, you have to reverse engineer the encryption or whatever DRM is on the game; I don't believe anyone has done this yet (or at least they have not published their findings anywhere), go google "wii vc hacking", you'll find cracking RSA isn't exactly easy.

After you do that, or hack VC to run unsigned games, you still have to work out the format of the ROM data stored, which is probably the easier part out of the whole sequence.

So at this stage, "no", but not necessarily "never" either.

For the time being, there's always the GCN alternative.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If people can play N64 games in VC, I cant see why some bright spark cant come up with a solution to do it without VC...

After all, arnt VC games practically just ROMs anyway???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.