Homebrew VC injection 3.0: HANS injection

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im doing nes. Now i click on the .bat and get product code must be 4 characters. Help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im doing nes. Now i click on the .bat and get product code must be 4 characters. Help.
nvm im a dumbass but what's the product code?

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
Can someone test ds download play with multiplayer nes games?
I've done that multiple times. It will work, but the person downloading will only get acces to the original game. For example, if you use SMB 3 as a base and you inject Bubble Bobble, you would see Bubble Bobble on your system but the other person would see SMB 3.

ImCarlosGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For anyone else on Windows wondering why there wasn't a compatible executable in the tnes-converter zip, this post (http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbc-vc-generator.371819/page-7#post-5148680) contains an attachment containing a variety of tools, including a Windows-compatible version of the tnes converter!

What you need from the vcpkg zip is the cygwin1.dll and tnes.exe. Extract them from the zip in their own folder if you want; I recommend doing so because it'll make it easier and more organized when you have to convert the NES games later. Also, since you will be using a command-line to convert the games, I also recommend renaming the games so that there are no spaces in the name (i.e. GI Joe.nes renamed to either GiJoe.nes or GI_Joe.nes). Once you are ready to convert your NES games, open up a command window in the same folder where tnes.exe and cygwin1.dll are; an easy way to do this is hold Shift and right-click anywhere in the folder. You should see an "Open Command Window Here" prompt in the context window. Once you open the command window, type "tnes inputrom.nes outputrom.nes" (without the quotes around it) with "inputrom" being the game you want to convert, and "outputrom" being the name of the converted rom to properly convert your NES games to the format needed for the VC. Once that's done, put the game(s) into the rom folder of the romfs, and follow the rest of the steps in the first post to recompile your new romfs for the VC you wish to inject into. :)

For the record, I've successfully injected into Legend of Zelda, and everything seems to be running fine :)

Can you share some screenshots doing the command part? I'm still confused :wacko:.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess some NES VC games have problems with some ROMs? I remember injecting the latest version of the ROM hack Super Mario Bros. 3mix into SMB3, and the minute I spawned onto the first world map, my character starting going up off the screen, preventing me from moving to a level.

D

Deleted User

Apparently, 3DS Virtual Console isn't dead. Nintendo told me, (by phone) that they're working on porting pokemon gb stuff, or something like that. But don't hate me if they don't do it.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
question, efore buying a virtual console game, is possible to inject hack rom? (like flora sky)
1- You need a VC game to perform this VC injection method.
2- "Flora Sky" is a GBA Pokemon ROM Hack... With this method, no GBA ROM injection/emulation is possible ATM (well, injection is possible, but emulation is hyper-slow). Then, no.

Last edited by fmkid,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2- "Flora Sky" is a GBA Pokemon ROM Hack... With this method, no GBA ROM injection/emulation is possible ATM (well, injection is possible, but emulation is hyper-slow). Then, no.
Speed can be improved just a little, if you have a New3DS, and set the clock speed to 804mhz.

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess some NES VC games have problems with some ROMs? I remember injecting the latest version of the ROM hack Super Mario Bros. 3mix into SMB3, and the minute I spawned onto the first world map, my character starting going up off the screen, preventing me from moving to a level.

Yeah, however 3mix is not the problem xD I have successfully injected it into TLOZ.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, however 3mix is not the problem xD I have successfully injected it into TLOZ.
Yeah, and it worked for me in Super Mario Bros. 3 as well. Probably him...
Speed can be improved just a little, if you have a New3DS, and set the clock speed to 804mhz.
...at that point, you should just use Retroarch.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and it worked for me in Super Mario Bros. 3 as well. Probably him...

It could be me, idk. I haven't exactly had the best results with modifying romfs files myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, just tried injecting the game again, and it actually works fine. Weird.

3003x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jusnyan.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've tried to run this on Dr. Mario with different results
Pokemon Crystal, yellow and link's awakening (non DX): Freezes at deleting save
Pokemon Gold: Black screen
am i doing something wrong?

edit: ducktales for gb works!

Last edited by 3003x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing +1