Emulation Emulator VGBAnext can't see roms on Galaxy S22 Ultra

youngwolf0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the paid version of VGBAnext on my Galaxy S22 Ultra. I then made a folder in the same directory as downloads called Emulation and then a folder called GBA inside that, so the full path is: /storage/emulated/0/Emulation/GBA (/storage/emulated/0 being the home directory).

I then placed a rom in there which I know works as I've played it on my retro pi (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance). The rom is an uncompressed gba file, the full filename is Final Fantasy - Tactics Advanced.GBA.

I'm not sure what I need to do to make this work, inside VGBAnext I can navigate to that folder but when I do it just appears empty inside the app. Any help would be appreciated.

I've included screenshots of VGBAnext and my file browser showing the rom in place, note that the file browser doesn't show file extensions but it is there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228-125120.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220228-125120.jpeg
    939 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20220228-125347_FE_File_Explorer.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220228-125347_FE_File_Explorer.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 97

DavyAalders32

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed the paid version of VGBAnext on my Galaxy S22 Ultra. I then made a folder in the same directory as downloads called Emulation and then a folder called GBA inside that, so the full path is: /storage/emulated/0/Emulation/GBA (/storage/emulated/0 being the home directory).

I then placed a rom in there which I know works as I've played it on my retro pi (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance). The rom is an uncompressed gba file, the full filename is Final Fantasy - Tactics Advanced.GBA.

I'm not sure what I need to do to make this work, inside VGBAnext I can navigate to that folder but when I do it just appears empty inside the app. Any help would be appreciated.

I've included screenshots of VGBAnext and my file browser showing the rom in place, note that the file browser doesn't show file extensions but it is there.
Hi i have the same problem did you find a solution?

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What is the extension on the file ? .zip?

TApo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If you use android, you should try matsu player. It emulates gba, ps1, nes, snes..., can read zip files, can connect bluetooth controller. I'm using it.

RockLoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You've hopefully worked this out by now, but I had the same issue. Don't use the directory structure on the initial screen, instead click "Internal shared storage" near the top and then you can grant the app access to whichever folder you like. Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.