virus

-Nick-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so I just transferring some file to my Windows 10 to a kinder fire so my brother could play games.
He got a virus some how but could it be because I transferred the file.

One more thing to so you download Minecraft maps are the download online or in the app?
Could you get a virus by download things online in a app?

MasterXD34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, so I just transferring some file to my Windows 10 to a kinder fire so my brother could play games.
He got a virus some how but could it be because I transferred the file.

One more thing to so you download Minecraft maps are the download online or in the app?
Could you get a virus by download things online in a app?

I assume that this Kindle Fire runs Android? Right?

*PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PHOTO*

Attachments

• homescreen2.jpg
    homescreen2.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 262

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
What makes you think it's a virus? What's happening?
Did you install something before it started happening? Maybe it was a game you downloaded from a shady site that really was a virus disguising itself, or a virus injected into a game.

jack44556677

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably unlikely (depending on what you copied, and WHERE you got it from), but it is not impossible. There is no security in this world, and even abstinence will not keep you safe from the viruses.

You could get a virus from downloading something from the online system, but this is also remote.possibility and would mean that the app you installed had been modified to download from other servers than official ones (or some sort of in-transit injection) in order to circumvent local virus protections.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.