cosmo2389

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
So I tried and tried and tried to get the newest version to run on my M3 DS Real, but to no avail can I get it to do so... It simply hangs at the DLDI screen.

I was using a Topram 2GB microSD, and after all the attempts (about three) my M3 Real would no longer read the card correctly... O.o

So I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this as well, and if you knew any solutions to it?

Thanks a bunch!

Oh yeah, I have other microSD that I can use if anyone suspects the Topram card to be a problem... It has worked fine for the month that I have had it prior to trying VNDS...

Sumiregawa-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
otenba-quality.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I feel your pain.
tongue.gif

I registered just to post this. I've been a lurker around here for a while now, getting all the latest stuff.

Anyhow, I am able to get my M3 Real working with the latest firmware (as well as my previous version, which is a couple months old-- bad, I know) on VNDS v 1.2.7 or so. Unfortunately Digital-Haze doesn't seem interested in providing those old versions of software, but it is the only one which works. Now, I say "works," but it only seems to work with the games that were already there at the time -- like Tsukihime. I can NOT get Fate to work -- the option is there, and it loads the thumbnail, but whenever I go to click on it, the screen freezes on me.

I wish that there was a way to contact the devs over at Digital-Haze to let them know about this... I have a feeling we're not the only ones out here with this trouble!!

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try DSision, whenever anything has hung for me, I've went straight to using DSision and it loads fine.

Yes, using M3 Real.

Sumiregawa-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
otenba-quality.com
XP
Country
United States
Tried that just now -- using latest M3 Real firmware and (obviously) the latest VNDS. It... DSision wouldn't even load past the splash screen, lol.

What version of the M3 Real system/firmware are you using please?

Sumiregawa-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
otenba-quality.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually I spoke with the fellows in their IRC room (once I found it, lol).

And I have success!

Now you will need another homebrew to get around this, but it's also standard: DSOrganize. You can grab the latest of that here on the site. Anyhow, using the latest M3 firmware, then using the browser to load up the vnds.nds, it works! Relatedly, I found that the Fate version seems to freeze up as soon as it loads if you get the sounds file, so just skip that if that's what you're aiming for. I'm sure it'll become more compatible down the road, but for now it's what we have.

Hope this helped!

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the latest M3 Real however I've used versions before that.

I'd have to download VNDS to see if it works on mine or not, I'd be willing to do it, but you'll have to give me a few hours, I'm deep into Riviera: The Promised Land.

cosmo2389

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I already use DSOrganize, it's just that it was on a different microSD card. Since I am using the latest firmware, I will try this method!

Thanks a bunch!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's something I'd expect from ancientboi +1