Homebrew Homebrew app vwii usbloadergx does not see stealthed usb

scattach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I try to use ustealth on my usb drive usbloader does not see it anymore. It shows: "USB Device not initialized. Switching to channel list mode."
However when I use the usb without stealth it works just fine. I am using version 1281 of usbloader.

Please, if you know what the issue is let me know, I have wasted way too much time trying to solve this already.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you using MBR or GPT partition table? The Hide function requires MBR which changes a value, that standard applications will not recognize the MBR anymore. Else try USBhide on the console. And for more information and the manual way check here.

In case something goes wrong :
Get for a fix TestDisk and follow this Guide to restore the MBR and the partiton table inside.
  • Quick guide : Run Testdisk -> [Create] -> Choose your drive -> [Intel] -> [Analyse] -> [Quick Search] -> press Enter -> If all partitions are displayed choose [Write] else use [Deeper Search] -> Quit Testdisk

Last edited by Sypherone,

scattach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, turns out that actually wasnt the case and the only reason the problem was gone was that I didnt have my usb for wiiu games plugged in. I just realized that, put it back in and the wii stick is back to not being recognized

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, turns out that actually wasnt the case and the only reason the problem was gone was that I didnt have my usb for wiiu games plugged in. I just realized that, put it back in and the wii stick is back to not being recognized
Wii stick is likely the problem. The wiiu probably couldn't supply power to both drives at the same time. The wiiu doesn't like flash drives.

Reactions: jeannotte

scattach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, now the drive gets recognized but when I try to run a game it loads me back to the wii menu :/
I think this is due to the usb being in port 1 according to your link but in the settings I can't change the hard drive port from 0 without installing hermes cIOS which afaik is not for vwii :unsure:

Last edited by scattach,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which setting do you use?
And on USBLGX 1280+ you need to change under game cIOS "auto" to "custom" and set it manually to 251.
Set as loader cIOS 58 or try 251(base58)
and set as game cIOS 251(base58).
What happens if you only use the Wii stick in port 0 or 1.

I think this is due to the usb being in port 1
This work around is tested and works, especially because the normal other way round give sometimes recognizen issues with the vWii drive.
So you can also try the vWii stick in port 0 and WiiU drive in port 1.

I can't change the hard drive port from 0 without installing hermes cIOS
Then possible you have it in port 0.
If the drive is unplugged or in port 1 you should be able to set the port to 0, 1 or both.
  • Port 0 on WiiU -> back upper one
  • Port 1 on WiiU -> back lower one
The USB drive have to be shown under drive options in the first line "game/install partition" with its drive format and size

This are the possible reasons why it returns to sysmenu Game returns to sysmenu.
E.g. check the game path, best use Wiibackup Manager to copy them to the drive.

Last edited by Sypherone,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it gets stuck with both HDD's connected then I'd be curious to know if enabling arguments and changing <arg>--bootios=58</arg> to <arg>--bootios=249</arg> in the loaders meta.xml file fixes things.

scattach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did change the game cIOS.
trying to change the loader cIOS will just revert it back to 58.
having only the wii stick in either port results in a black screen when trying to start a game.
Unfortunately I can't put the wiiu in 0 and wii in 1 as the wiiu one is too thick. With wii in 0 and wiiu in 1 it only barely works.
Wii backup manager is how I got the games on the stick in the first place.

at this point I almost feel like it's not worth the minor convenience of not pulling the usb when playing wii games

scattach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it gets stuck with both HDD's connected then I'd be curious to know if enabling arguments and changing <arg>--bootios=58</arg> to <arg>--bootios=249</arg> in the loaders meta.xml file fixes things.
Ill try that in a few days. I wanted to do a system check but somehow my sd card broke and Ill have to get a new one

scattach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have officially given up. I got it to a state where it works with only 1 usb connected and that will have to do.
For some reason I cant even get a syscheck to run at this point so I guess as long as everything works Ill just not touch it anymore.
again, thanks for your ideas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme