Gaming Wait for hades canyon ?

ShinyGengar001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i have $2000.AUD to spend on a pc.
My goal is to be able to emulate everything up to ps3. Should i wait for the hades canyon or can i build something better? Please note im in Australia and Amazon charges extra for shipping but a few sites i like are scorptec or Arc computers.

Thanks in advacne for any replies

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
You can build something A LOT better then an "hades canyon" for FAR cheaper.

Since you want to do mostly emulation then you will need to buy the best CPU you can find. Right now that is the Intel i7 8700k. HOWEVER the next gen is right around the corner so you might want to wait it out and see what they have planned.

As for RAM I would go with min 16 GB just to make sure there is no bottleneck. Are you going to be playing modern games? If so you might as well get a good GPU as well HOWEVER the prices on these is insane due to cryptocurrency mining so you might want to wait a few months on this.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a nuc is really small a mini itx board might be larger but cheaper and it would deliver more performance. I would recommend building a pc always before buying one.
The prices of prebuild pcs arent worth it. and if you encounter a sweet deal with a great cpu and gpu they usually save cost on the motherboard ram or worse the psu :o

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might be worth saving some money and going for a 8700 or Ryzen CPU than a 8700k if you're not planning to overclock (which it seems like you're not). Otherwise, the 8700k is just burning money.

Mini itx is almost certainly the way to go if you want a small PC. While a good CPU is important for emulation, it does also rely on a video card capable of rendering the game. A 1050ti is quite well priced and would likely be powerful enough once PS3 emulation is nicely refined.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols