Hacking Question Wake Switch from sleep remotely to allow access via FTP

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the latest developments in the homebrew scene, I was curious if anyone stumbled upon a way to wake the Switch from sleep mode without physically touching it or using a joycon/pro controller. The reason is so I can remotely utilize the enabled FTP function in SX OS or other CFW to send a file to the sd card while away from my switch. Is this even possible to do?

Last edited by morrison22,

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you keep a paired right joycon or pro controller nearby, you can boot it up with the home button. Not ideal but it works even if the controller is not attached to the switch.

Of course this doesn't work remotely - only within bluetooth range. If you are planning on being in a different room or building then this won't work.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you keep a paired right joycon or pro controller nearby, you can boot it up with the home button. Not ideal but it works even if the controller is not attached to the switch.

Of course this doesn't work remotely - only within bluetooth range. If you are planning on being in a different room or building then this won't work.
He does not want to use joy-cons though.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, assuming wake-on-lan isn't going to be an option, a controller is probably the only way to wake it. So to achieve what you want remotely via the network/internet, you could... make/buy one of those button-pushing robots (I'd been looking at one called Switchbot for other reasons, but it's only bluetooth-controlled unless you also buy its hub, there's probably alternatives tho), so you could trigger it over the network to push the controller's home button, or open up a spare controller and wire the home button to a raspberry pi or something.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ok, assuming wake-on-lan isn't going to be an option, a controller is probably the only way to wake it. So to achieve what you want remotely via the network/internet, you could... make/buy one of those button-pushing robots (I'd been looking at one called Switchbot for other reasons, but it's only bluetooth-controlled unless you also buy its hub, there's probably alternatives tho), so you could trigger it over the network to push the controller's home button, or open up a spare controller and wire the home button to a raspberry pi or something.
Or he can use arduino as a controller and just add lan port to it.

Reactions: hippy dave

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. I mean.. I don’t think I’m gonna go as far a building a robot. Though I have to admit that is interesting. I’ll tough it out and see if anything software wise develops, else no biggie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1