Walmart and Target will no longer sell Pokemon cards in store due to "safety concerns"

chari.png

Target is banning the sale of certain brands of trading cards, and will no longer carry them at physical locations. This is apparently due to safety issues, with official banners being posted up in certain locations across the United States, claiming that the decision is to, "ensure the safety of our guests and team members". The new policy hasn't gone into effect just yet, but will be happening at all Target locations tomorrow, May 14th. Customers will still be able to buy the banned brands of cards, which include Pokemon, MLB, NFL, and NBA trading cards online at Target.com. While Target hasn't pointed out what safety issues in specific it has regarding the cards, there have been occasions of crime occurring and fights breaking out at Target stores over them. Just a few days ago, a man was assaulted by a group of other men, with the latter attempting to steal the cards from the individual. At least, until he pulled out a gun and scared the would-be thieves away, all whilst in the parking lot of a Target.

Another major American retail chain, Walmart, is also choosing to prohibit the sale of all trading cards, following these recent events. Some Walmart stores have similarly posted notices in newly cleaned-out sections, explaining that "inappropriate customer behavior " has lead to the decision to no longer sell cards.

:arrow: Source

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's because the job a lot of Walmart associates (and honestly, even some of the department supervisors I've seen them hire on) do could be done more competently by cats for the majority of the people they hire. Also, this is just every company ever. If those on the bottom of the hierarchy are compensated the same as those on the top, then why would anyone want to be on the top? They may as well just do the work of the grunts they've hired below them.

Are you insinuating that it is only fair that the CEO of a "Fortune 500" company with a market cap of $392B, has a drastically higher salary than your Average Joe who is working as a Walmart Greeter? I can't imagine that there might be people who would refrain from taking on such a responsibility, just because they don't get more than $10 an hour.

I'm sure all of my human resources (employees) would be understanding when I explain to them that I will be shuttering the businesses, as all applicants for the management position where greedy little pigs, unwilling to work for the same pay as floor staff.

Last edited by Pokepicker,
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you insinuating that it is only fair that the CEO of a "Fortune 500" company with a market cap of $392B, has a drastically higher salary than your Average Joe who is working as a Walmart Greeter? I can't imagine that there might be people who would refrain from taking on such a responsibility, just because they don't get more than $10 an hour.

I'm sure all of my human resources (employees) would be understanding when I explain to them that I will be shuttering the businesses, as all applicants for the management position where greedy little pigs, unwilling to work for the same pay as floor staff.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@Silent_Gunner I've watched loads of Jordan over the years. I hoped my "extreme" standing might have alluded that it was ironical, but I do realize that the great World Wide Web might not be the best spot for conveying irony.

I once worked in a chain of stores earning roughly $12. This was far bellow what any of my friends where bringing home from their places of employment.

Here in Norway, if you get enough employees of a store unionized, they will help make the employer pay their "fair share" to any employee of that store.
If enough stores out of the entire chain unionize, it causes all of the remaining stores to automatically become unionized.

Knowing that this company was hemorrhaging money, had filed for bankruptcy a handful of times over the past ten years, only to be saved in the nick of time by some angel investors. I saw the writing on the wall as they begun the unionizing push at our store.

I quit right before they became unionized. Missing out on a fair chunk of "after pay". But I also missed out on getting sacked from the place. As a result of having to increase every single employees wages by quite a bit, they simply shut down the entire chain of stores in our country.

No. I sure wasn't getting rich at $12 an hour. But, for those unable to simply say "I quit" and transition into a new job, those $12 where a heck of a lot better than their current $0.

Last edited by Pokepicker,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
never miss an opportunity to brag about how quick you are to react to a stupid situation, I'm sure on a good day at least 1000 fights break out over money in Walmart parking lots, same with parking spaces, when will they ban money and cars from their stores? give it a week and they will be back the idiots just wanted 5 minutes of press attention for being reactionary brainlets "hurr durr we must ban teh p0k3muns fur publik sayfty"

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My local store greeter Owns.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

never miss an opportunity to brag about how quick you are to react to a stupid situation, I'm sure on a good day at least 1000 fights break out over money in Walmart parking lots, same with parking spaces, when will they ban money and cars from their stores? give it a week and they will be back the idiots just wanted 5 minutes of press attention for being reactionary brainlets "hurr durr we must ban teh p0k3muns fur publik sayfty"

Oh yea dude u are right, yesterday I was like "what is this, a college parking lot all in the sudden?" I had like 3 cars waiting for me to back out of my spot and I was like nope, just because I get in my vehicle which is in the shade doesn't mean I'm about to move it. lol

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because the job a lot of Walmart associates (and honestly, even some of the department supervisors I've seen them hire on) do could be done more competently by cats for the majority of the people they hire. Also, this is just every company ever. If those on the bottom of the hierarchy are compensated the same as those on the top, then why would anyone want to be on the top? They may as well just do the work of the grunts they've hired below them.

I don't care how "hard" a job is, people should earn enough to get by. In my opinion, working as a cashier is harder work than sitting in an office all day anyway. There's a reason I don't do that shit anymore.

Who is talking about paying everyone the same?
I'm saying that paying people $12/hour while you make $100/hour off their labor is robbery.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care how "hard" a job is, people should earn enough to get by. In my opinion, working as a cashier is harder work than sitting in an office all day anyway. There's a reason I don't do that shit anymore.

Who is talking about paying everyone the same?
I'm saying that paying people $12/hour while you make $100/hour off their labor is robbery.

Ah, I take it you're one of those people us harder workers are bailing you out because you can't look for other opportunities that, thanks to you not returning to work, we're going to find and use to live better lives? And fwiw, those jobs aren't "hard." You want me to tell you what a hard job is? One where not only is your body being stressed, but also your mind. Jobs like cashiering or stocking are you just using the same phrases, acting the same way that the company tells you to act like towards every customer for a wage that they, as a business, value your labor at. And to say that a company is making $100 off of your labor assumes that all of that money that they make not just off of you and your co-workers is to assume that businesses are never operating with debts to pay off, and that they're always making a profit, or at least breaking even.

You don't have to be at a job like that for the rest of your life. In fact, usually, Walmart and other jobs are considered people's "first" jobs either in high school or just starting out getting work experience in college, or for senior citizens of which a full on demanding job like working in a dangerous warehouse with heavy equipment which requires concentration, accuracy, and adaptability to various situations is simply unsuitable for them, be it that they've retired and they're collecting social security (which is always getting bailed out) and want to make extra money, or what have you.

Managers and leads get paid more because not only do they have to sometimes do the work of lowly employees if it becomes necessary to do so, but they have to manage other people, budget how much to pay them, how many hours to schedule them for, resolve conflicts not just between customers, but suppliers, shippers, and other businesses. It isn't an easy job. They'll have employees to manage that are easy to work with while they'll also have the employees that goof off too much and who don't contribute to the company. It's a lot more than just "show up to work, clock in, show up to the team meeting, listen to assignments, do said assignments that don't change all too much from day to day, clock out, wash, rinse, repeat."

Ottoclav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god I work at a small target. Never had any customer issues so far this year. Interesting how Covid makes anything valuable - like im seeing grown men try to find certain hotwheels to buy, so they can re sell it for $50. Then you have ppl actually camping outside for baseball cards.
To be fair, Hotwheels have been a collectors item since they started releasing them in series. You are only noticing this phenomena now because every hobby has come under the magnifying glass. Usually the Hotwheels guys are super lowkey and are like ninjas because they don't want the news spreading where they found certain stock.

Reactions: AWESOMEGAMER

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ewwww gross why are people still buying trading cards from these stores.
Amazon, Ebay , Black Friday, Cyber Monday are way cheper wth yall being riped off. They re-sell the cards and hi-jack the price up wtf
Its the opposite actually, The pandemic has made everything expensive online including the value of any collectables. Its paradise for scalpers which is probably why ppl shop at local stores to begin with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ she is nice.