starfox5194

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I had a 3.0.0 switch. It came with 1.0 from launch. At 3.0.0 I applied the DNS to block updates.

I had the left joycon disconnect issue and the Right side of the screen was falling out of the console. I could have easily fixed these issues on my own but thought, well it's under warranty, so i'll just send it in.

8 days I patiently waited for my beloved switch to be sent out and returned to me.

She came in the mail. Screen looked good!

turned device on. Saw the same old nintendo news updates that I saw before I sent it out.

Next I inserted my SD card. Then I rebooted my device at the prompt.

I saw new news articles upon reboot. Hmmmm.

Then I check the firmware version. Then I was PISSED.

Motha fuckin repair techs.

Also went and checked my DNS settings were unchanged and I couldn't even connect to the internet.

Also, if you're wondering about the update applying when I inserted the SD card, I can't rule that out as a possibility because I wasn't paying attention when I clicked reboot now, but the newest possible update that could have been on the SD card was 3.0.1, and before I sent the device out I'm pretty sure I deleted all traces of update files when I went into recovery more.

Well, since I'm an adult with a job and what not, I can afford to waste another $300 on one from walmart. I will check this weekend.

Anyways, for the rest of you, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Oh and if you were wondering my device went out to united radio in upstate new york.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch hacks wont come till another 2 years. By then, the exploits would be for a newer version.
Its more likely we will get userland homebrew within the next 12 months. And according to the actual devs working on the switch, you won't see exploits for higher firmwares until long after they come for 3.0.0, if they ever come. Instead of just thinking we will get exploits on latest firm because "Nintendo", maybe you should listen to the people actually hacking the switch instead. Chances are they know a lot more about it than you

starfox5194

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I never sent a device back for repair before and expected them to fix the issue, not update my console. But whatever. I hope this helps someone else who might be unsure about sending their device in

Reactions: Zero72463

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch hacks wont come till another 2 years. By then, the exploits would be for a newer version.
We already have pegaswitch for firms up to 3.0.0, libtransistor, libnx, and rohan in development.
Switch hacks are already here to a degree.

And yeah it makes sense that they would update your console. They did that with the 3DS, can't imagine why it would be different for the switch.

Reactions: MatMaf

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I never sent a device back for repair before and expected them to fix the issue, not update my console. But whatever. I hope this helps someone else who might be unsure about sending their device in
I don't think you understand how tech support works. If the system you send one of us (IT guy speaking) is out of date, literally the first thing we try when diagnosing the issue is fully updating it

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're all assholes and don't deserve my contribution. Deleting account.
No one here was rude really. If you think anything here was actually mean towards you then you really haven't been on the internet much. We only stated that you should have seen it coming, which isn't mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.nfl.com/news/president-joe-biden-honors-chiefs-after-super-bowl-win-welcome-back-to-t...