OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon have been known to sell fakes
mainly becuase its not actually amazon selling them

http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2...standard-in-detecting-usb-counterfeit-drives/

use the program above to test and see if yours is fake
the large majority that exist in the world are fake Chinese counterfeit

I didn't get mine off Amazon, I got 1 from newegg, 1 from Target and another that came with an old phone. And that's all besides the point anyway. My point is that you can't correlate a sudden rise in DSTwo failure rate to people buying fake SD cards.

Reactions: tbgtbg

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Typical message board elitism, it doesn't even phase me anymore. If you'd like I can take pictures of my card not working.

Wasn't trying to be elitist or nothing, Just I like some sources to verify stories like this especially when its not a card I personally use so I wouldn't float on there boards if you know what I mean.

Kallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't trying to be elitist or nothing, Just I like some sources to verify stories like this especially when its not a card I personally use so I wouldn't float on there boards if you know what I mean.

Your post was perfectly polite and appropriate, I should've thought to include sources to begin with. I was more referring to the 'lol am I sposed to believe a guy w/ ONLY ONE POST??' response.

Reactions: Rizsparky

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pong, shut up and look at the GBAtemp forums before trying to talk about what is and is not happening. We're seeing a lot more of this than the Supercard forums. I've even been telling people who have this issue to try to get a replacement.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Tis true. Rydian did his best to help me out but it turned out I had a bad dstwo as well. Had quite a few members on the temp that had gotten messed up cards. I sent mine back, had it replaced with an older batch model and it worked fine.
Its not a sd problem, its the thickness of the cart, plain and simple.

fishy31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I have a pretty good feeling my DSTwo that has yet to be shipped will not work... Well on the bright side I saw a DSiXL at my local pawn shop for $55 (cost to fix my chip) that I can play it on, since these problems seem to only come from the 3DS. The touch screen has a few scratches, but at least now I don't have to worry about firmware updates, and some shitty company in china messing up my card.

fishy31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DSi series still gets firmware updates every few months it seems.

Well I'll test it before I buy it just in case :) I think it'll still be there 2 weeks from now (when my card comes) since it's touch screen is pretty messed up, so it might not function properly. I'm only planning on playing a few rpg games anyway, so it won't really matter.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
because everyone trusts someone with this being there first post with no source

more thank likely a clone card creator trying to downvote the best card and will say you can get there crap card

Holy cow man, I've followed your stuff since I've lurked in these forums, but man that answer was really rude.
Check my posts on the forums and I'm explaining the same problems, check DSTwo forums and there are TONS of reports on this. There is even one super guide to tips to try to make it work such as formatting, updating with the b method, etc.
The cocky and disrespectful way of your answer won't make us think you're right. It just shows that you're closed to your opinion and nothing else.

To everyone who bought a DSTwo from http://www.nds-card.com (gbt's official seller) you should contact the support. I asked what did I have to do for the guaranty since I had these problems and they asked just for a few photos (the DStwo and the screen error), the order number and nothing else and I'm getting a new DSTwo in a month or so when it arrives. I may do a thread about this too, since most people probably don't know about the return policy in nds-card.

technewbie389

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I just bought a 3DS so that I would be able to play NDS games on it as I am tired of using the emulators. I'm a complete newbie at all this and didn't realise that I would have to buy a Super DSTwo flash card/cart to do so. Yes, I am aware that this one is the most expensive but as it has the most support for the 3DS, I'd rather get that one. Could someone perhaps advise me as to which sites are legit and that won't scam me out of my money when I buy the card? And is this the only way without going technical(and I mean that by typing codes, unscrewing the 3DS, yadda, yadda) to play NDS games without a hitch on the 3DS?And please explain in plain English as I really am a noob at all this.

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting here or asking such questions. I tend to have a bad understanding of rules as they start to get complex with their words. And English is my first language so it's not like I'm a hopeless idiot who can't understand.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hi. I just bought a 3DS so that I would be able to play NDS games on it as I am tired of using the emulators. I'm a complete newbie at all this and didn't realise that I would have to buy a Super DSTwo flash card/cart to do so. Yes, I am aware that this one is the most expensive but as it has the most support for the 3DS, I'd rather get that one. Could someone perhaps advise me as to which sites are legit and that won't scam me out of my money when I buy the card? And is this the only way without going technical(and I mean that by typing codes, unscrewing the 3DS, yadda, yadda) to play NDS games without a hitch on the 3DS?And please explain in plain English as I really am a noob at all this.

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting here or asking such questions. I tend to have a bad understanding of rules as they start to get complex with their words. And English is my first language so it's not like I'm a hopeless idiot who can't understand.
http://www.nds-card.com they have a great support, good prices and you are actually helping gbt by buying from them!
Good luck mate ^^
(There may be a reseller in the UK with faster shipping, tho. I'm not sure since im from the other side of the world :P)

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can attest to this problem and I have tried everything multiple times and read all the threads. I have had this problem with two cards now. At first my 3DS XL would most of the time not detect the card. On occasion it would but the next time I would go to play it would not detect it. I would have to insert the card multiple times and then all of a sudden, bang, it would detect it. Plays fine. Turn off. Later turn on. No card detected. Tried all the "connection" fixes to no avail. Even did the "risky" flash. After I did that it would detect the card but I would get the black "an error has occured" screen and again after inserting the card multiple time on occasion it would boot up. I finally gave up on it and play it on my DSi XL as I have no problems at all with the card in it. I am not new to all this and I am not claiming to "know it all" but I have yet to find a permanent fix for all this. I agree that this is a hardware (DSTWO)problem but I have no problem at all in eating my words if someone can explain to me how to fix this.

fishy31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-11147-6-1.html

"Thank you for your email. I am very sorry about that.We found out the problem, a batch of power IC which provide power to CPU of TWO from another supplier, 5% of them can not provide enough power to CPU quickly, so when 3DS boot up, the DSTWO CPU can not get enough power on time, then DSTWO can not boot up. Now, we use new supplier, and test all products on 3DS before shipping out. This kind of problem can be avoid in the future. Very sorry about the inconvenience."
So if this problem is, the only way to permanently solve, is returned to the supplier for replacement. - Supercard Team

Read last post, they've seemed to have fixed the problem. Apparently some other companies power supply for the chip turned out to be faulty, so now they're using another companies and are properly testing all of them now. I JUST ordered mine last week, so hopefully they did all of that AT LEAST a week ago. If not I'm screwed.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.nds-card.com they have a great support, good prices and you are actually helping gbt by buying from them!
Good luck mate ^^
(There may be a reseller in the UK with faster shipping, tho. I'm not sure since im from the other side of the world :P)

However if it doesn't work you will be paying more than the cart is worth to ship it back to get a replacement. That's the problem with buying it from a place in China.

Catzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read the thread and noticed some boot the 3ds with and without the DSTwo in it. So whats the most appropriate way to handle the DSTwo and 3DS for booting cycle? Leave it inserted or better not?

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
read the thread and noticed some boot the 3ds with and without the DSTwo in it. So whats the most appropriate way to handle the DSTwo and 3DS for booting cycle? Leave it inserted or better not?

I've had the 3DS on for about 3 weeks now, charging and on sleep mode while not using it. If you want to change the game you just have to press L+R+START and that's it. Ofc you wont get the other stuff from the 3DS...

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However if it doesn't work you will be paying more than the cart is worth to ship it back to get a replacement. That's the problem with buying it from a place in China.

Uh, it should only be a couple of bucks seeing as how the item is small and very light. Its not like we are trying to ship a tank. Use those fancy pants flat rate shipping boxes, or shove it in an envelope.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh, it should only be a couple of bucks seeing as how the item is small and very light. Its not like we are trying to ship a tank. Use those fancy pants flat rate shipping boxes, or shove it in an envelope.

Not when you are shipping it halfway around the world. A Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Envelope to China, which is the cheapest option, is $25.00 (USD). It is the same for a DVD box or large video (VHS) box since you will need to send the whole thing back, not just the cart itself. The DSTwo itself is only $35 to $40.

Note that shipping from China to the US is MUCH cheaper than the other way around.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Holy cow man, I've followed your stuff since I've lurked in these forums, but man that answer was really rude.
Check my posts on the forums and I'm explaining the same problems, check DSTwo forums and there are TONS of reports on this. There is even one super guide to tips to try to make it work such as formatting, updating with the b method, etc.
The cocky and disrespectful way of your answer won't make us think you're right. It just shows that you're closed to your opinion and nothing else.

To everyone who bought a DSTwo from http://www.nds-card.com (gbt's official seller) you should contact the support. I asked what did I have to do for the guaranty since I had these problems and they asked just for a few photos (the DStwo and the screen error), the order number and nothing else and I'm getting a new DSTwo in a month or so when it arrives. I may do a thread about this too, since most people probably don't know about the return policy in nds-card.

well i didn't realize this was an issue and first i had heard of it.

considering the amount of trolls on GBATemp that just create an account and dont do and intro post and go straight to the forum to promote or make something/one look bad

i apologize for jumping to conclusions but its normally the case of a troll majority of the time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1