Hacking Was ever discovered a way to force 480P to Wiiware Channels?

Maeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
We know that certain games like Mega Man 9 & 10, or Contra Rebirth for some baffling reason were released with only 480i support making them look blurrier, and also you could even see the interlacing lines on a few of them. Trying to force them through Launchers or USB Loaders never worked (in Mega Man's case, not even 4:3/16:9 or language changes worked through Loaders!).

When searching around, I can only find posts that are 8 years to a decade old (heck, the "similar thread" choices while creating a new thread point me to messages from 2010), so I wanted to know if there's a way of doing it today or new tools for this.

The closest thing I found was a Superrsonic's post from 2017 to change MM9 and 10 in which you had to modify the files inside the WADs. I already modified GC PAL isos to play at 60Hz so I wouldn't mind to check this out, but then I'm unable to find a link for wwPacker or any other tool included in it. Also I don't know if it would work with PAL backups of my bought channels.

I'd really like to put an end to this questions after so many years.

QuickProcess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the decision behind the 480i blurry effect was a conscious decision based on the timeline of the system. Forcing the 480p would be nice but the 480i I believe was an aesthetic decision. Could be wrong.

As far as I know... people had this similar discussion over @ GameSport (yeah...)

gamespot /forums/nintendo-fan-club-1000001/wiiware-vc-and-480p-26253080/

I can't post links as a newbie but I think you know what to fill in to get to the link above :)

Maeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This subject has appeared in multitude of places, and of course this very forum too over the years, but the only time I saw something substantial was SuperrSonic's post. Besides that, nothing really useful.

If this truly was a conscious decision, I personally see it as a very poor choice. Gradius Rebirth, another sprite-based game on Wiiware, looks GORGEOUS running at 480P.

But I suppose it's to be expected, recent examples such as Square Enix FF6 iOS port and Chrono Trigger PC port look/looked incredibly awful, and when the developers were questioned about why they did that, they didn't understood what was wrong with it.

Last edited by Maeson,
Reactions: QuickProcess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm