hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
is there any way i can automate the verification of gamecube and wii disc dumps in mass on a headless server by their id

example: my copy of pokemon xd gales of darkness is GXXE01

i do not want to use a gui and its preferred to be a linux tool (or even if theres an api i can use)

i found redump which is nice but i dont know any way to turn something like GXXE01 into http://redump.org/disc/1845/ do they have any kind of api?

basically all i need is any way to get the hash that the dump is supposed to be

ive also tried seeing if quick searching could help as a middle but it doesnt appear that you can search things this way http://redump.org/discs/quicksearch/gxxe01/

EnterpriseFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if it's good enough for you but I've made a bash script for that just now (needs wget and sha1sum commands):
https://pastebin.com/haribGkc

script.jpg

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
im just doing this: redump_url=$(curl -Ls -o /dev/null -w %{url_effective} "http://redump.org/discs/quicksearch/$redump_code")

it would be nice if there was a way i could query this stuff directly

i did it this way after remembering that i had to also take off the versioning for images off of gametdb

i also save these hashes instead of just taking them everytime i go so that i dont have to bug the site owners with my requests (that much)

so i got it sorted out already but thank you anyways
I don't know if it's good enough for you but I've made a bash script for that just now (needs wget and sha1sum commands):

View attachment 324843

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately while it works 95% of the time you sometimes have moments where it goes:
rlee (ah yes the garfield game and this wii game right!?" no no lol
this also applies to things with multiple versions
i wish you could sort by console or search only for the games code but it seems like the filters on the site are lackluster

Last edited by MarioMasta64,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wii backup manager implies directly hash codes to verify the integrity of a wbfs image. So maybe they are stored already. So basicly it needs to be read out and the image can be verified.
An MD5 Hash is calculated and stored in each disc transferred to a drive, so it's possible to verify the data integrity at a later date. The hash isn't calculated for ISO yet.

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii backup manager implies directly hash codes to verify the integrity of a wbfs image. So maybe they are stored already. So basicly it needs to be read out and the image can be verified.
wii backup manager neither runs headless nor is it for linux it also doesnt check gamecube games so in all three ways it is useless to me

EnterpriseFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wii backup manager neither runs headless nor is it for linux it also doesnt check gamecube games so in all three ways it is useless to me
You could calculate the CRC32 or SHA-1 of the ISO first and then use that hash instead of the game code for /quicksearch/. Maybe that helps you?

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
You could calculate the CRC32 or SHA-1 of the ISO first and then use that hash instead of the game code for /quicksearch/. Maybe that helps you?
maybe? the main issue is that crc/md5 calculations are really slow

i could use it and store the value for the first time then get it from the server and then use the gameid as a fallback but i want to be able to copy en masse before doing a check so that i can fix bugs if they arise without having to wait for verification for 5 years

i have like 300+ dumps and its unfeasable to do it this way when i do this in big amounts

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
it does appear that it is a method i can use but its on the back burner since id want something faster than calculating the hash before checking

Attachments

• 16617666714923352976065540185863.jpg
    16617666714923352976065540185863.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 28

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
the main reason is that i cant wait around for 1500 minutes because it updates a user accessible resource that should be made beforehand the calculations are done afterhand

Attachments

• 1661767173871540972544289059187.jpg
    1661767173871540972544289059187.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didnt have used or tryed them on my own. So sorry, u need to dig and try by yourself.
On the first look, with Wimms ISO Tool can be verified WII and GC ISO`S.
And with Wimms WBFS Tool can wbfs images be verified.

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 324843
so i decided to take a hybrid approach to this by calculating the md5 only when it cant normally find the page and then searching it with that

and while it adds a little bit of overhead it isnt as bad since i only have to do it once and its somewhat rare that it happens

i can also try and assume anything not found is likely a bad dump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, What?