Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This really concerns me. The NDS section is being littered with game requests threads that have been asked multiple times. Is there a way we can keep these out of here, I feel like it's not promoting discussion about DS games? Maybe a sub-forum? Maybe moderated? All I know is that this has been going on for months and I'm getting a little tired of it.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
cupajoe said:
This really concerns me. The NDS section is being littered with game requests threads that have been asked multiple times. Is there a way we can keep these out of here, I feel like it's not promoting discussion about DS games? Maybe a sub-forum? Maybe moderated? All I know is that this has been going on for months and I'm getting a little tired of it.
The main thing is....if we start moderating such threads, there isn't much talk over there.....I mean, people talk about the games, but as you see, such threads (even tho answered in the past), still attract people, and start discussion..

I was closing it at first, but i kinda gave up.....If you (or anybody else) has any good, constructive idea, share it and I'll try to make it happen!

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
cupajoe said:
The main thing is....if we start moderating such threads, there isn't much talk over there.....I mean, people talk about the games, but as you see, such threads (even tho answered in the past), still attract people, and start discussion..

I was closing it at first, but i kinda gave up.....If you (or anybody else) has any good, constructive idea, share it and I'll try to make it happen!
How about an overall game suggestions sub-forum? I think that would work out dandy. I remember a time when people discussed DS games without a single thread of game suggestions on the page, not it takes up almost half the page. I'm not saying you have to necessarily eliminate these posts, but separate them.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't mind it, because often they are asking questions that haven't been asked before. The first thread you highlighted is a prime example
smile.gif
Looking for a game that's like another one on Google is pretty difficult.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
I don't mind it, because often they are asking questions that haven't been asked before. The first thread you highlighted is a prime example
smile.gif
Looking for a game that's like another one on Google is pretty difficult.
They aren't all re-asked questions. Some of them are valid, which is why a sub forum would be ideal and effective.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It's just a joke..