We love GBAtemp v3!

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new skin is like the classic skin and the lite skin had a genetically improved baby.
I'm lovin' it, didn't take any getting used to at all.
..and "Fuzzy" up there is pretty dam cool too, wonder what he's listening to?

I took a peek at his portable media player's display and saw "Changes" by David Bowie.
biggrin.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, how do I turn this ugly thing off? Can I revert it back to the v2 skin, or, better yet, the v1 skin?
You can change the forum theme the same way you've always been able to change it. You click the theme selector at the bottom of the page, then select a theme.

They haven't added the new features to the old themes yet, but I'd think that they will soon.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, how do I turn this ugly thing off? Can I revert it back to the v2 skin, or, better yet, the v1 skin?

You can change the forum theme the same way you've always been able to change it. You click the theme selector at the bottom of the page, then select a theme.

They haven't added the new features to the old themes yet, but I'd think that they will soon.

Thank you. The new skin was a good effort, but it ended up looking like a bad skin for a PHPbb site.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland

Definitely better this way. We don't need windows Sex-P as skin here
rofl2.gif

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i quite impressed with the amount of progress that was made, great package.
I also am not entirely fond of the new skin, it will definatley take some getting used to.
though while this space is here to talk ill add what i have found positive an Negative so far;

Pros-something different
-GOnline is great
-Wiki will hopefully limit the 'how do i..' and 'which cart to buy' posts
-Trading forum
-Game Ranking
-Wifi Nights
new things etc.

Cons
-site bugs
-the Game Ranking apparently doesnt limit one vote per user,per game
-Comments on games dont add (while i tried to add one on Zelda TP (EUR) but it never showed up
-New Skin is a bit...dated and agressive (especially coming from such a clean V2)
-The link colours are quite hard to distinguish from normal text (well main page anouncement im having trouble becuase the link also arn't underlined)
-EDIT when clicking from main page to a topic it always sends me to the bottom of the topic..(the VERY bottom)

i thought i would add my thoughts maybe to help the admin as contructive cristism though also to add my gratitute for the great work done so far.
Kudo's GBAtemp team!
biggrin.gif

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well the skin itself definitely took a lot of work and it surely took some time to make it but whatever you do won't please all people. The words he used might be hard but this skin is very "chaotic" - chaotic in the sense of using colors without a 'meaning'/'sense' and using heavy contrasts which hurt the eyes especially in low light at night. The old skin ( which I could bring back now ) has a balanced choice of color ( blend of various tints of blue ) which is soft to the eyes and makes the layout "calm".

This is simply a view from somebody having an eye out for layouts and colors. My mother ( she's a paintress ) also likes the older layout better hence this is the technical view of the story. If you like it or not though has no relationship to the technical view in general.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Thanks for being constructive TheStump!
I'll look into the problems and fix them.

glad you like G-Online and the Wiki
biggrin.gif

Dragonlord: I insisted multiple times on the fact that we knew not everyone would like the skin, hence why we kept the old ones. I said it in the main news post and I repeated it in the message I just removed (sent him as a PM instead). Here I was expressing my disappointment on the lack of constructivism that he showed, not just in this comment but also in the shoutbox, in the latest poll, in past topics and on other forums (yes I do visit other forums... *gasp*). I thought I could expect more from such a respected member of the community.

But it's between him and me now
smile.gif

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
Spiffy new layout! Thanks for all the enthusiasm and dedication you put into this site. It's truly a thing of beauty.
biggrin.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the new functionality but I suppose the colour scheme will grow on me
biggrin.gif
edit- this isn't a personal attack, I just decided to use your words to help me convey my ideas.

I like the new colors, BUT WHERE IS THE NEW FUNCTIONALITY?!?
Sure, theres a gba/nds/wii link in the header now, but there's no more REVIEWS/GUIDES/RELEASES/SEARCH
links.

I want to use the new template, I just wish you guys updated the header.
cry.gif

And it's good to see my two wishes/suggestions came into effect (g-online for nds and a wiki).
grog.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I like the new functionality but I suppose the colour scheme will grow on me
biggrin.gif

edit- this isn't a personal attack, I just decided to use your words to help me convey my ideas.

I like the new colors, BUT WHERE IS THE NEW FUNCTIONALITY?!?
Sure, theres a gba/nds/wii link in the header now, but there's no more REVIEWS/GUIDES/RELEASES/SEARCH
links.

I want to use the new template, I just wish you guys updated the header.
cry.gif

And it's good to see my two wishes/suggestions came into effect (g-online for nds and a wiki).
grog.gif

The header has been updated with a button to the wiki, along with the new g-online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!