Well running Windows XP off a jump drive kill the

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong, but I think that writing to a flash drive shortens its lifespan, reading does not.

I know nothing about xp from a jump drive, but it can't be very fast.

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatly a program I'm using needs IE6 so I was thinking of using a fresh install with a jump drive for the short period I use that program...now Im thinking I might as well just hook up a temp hard drive...Stupid IE7 ruining my day....

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally dont like IE7, it does something wierd to your fonts and its just not user friendly (I dont think it is). Make sure you test it before you switch, it messes up stuff.

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I hate IE7, I use the fox as my main browser and IE as a back up so I can run multiple sites under different handles (like Myspace or even manage two bank accounts at the same bank) Anyway the program is a bot for myspace so I don't think anyone here would be using it.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IE7 puts an IE page icon over every file and folder on a CD for me. You can even see parts of the original icon behind it. To put it delicately, it's fucking stupid.

BTW, is it easy to remove IE7? I don't care much for looking into it at the moment.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

richiepo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a limitation on the writes to a flash drive but experts argue about this all the time. they usually say from 100,000 to 1mil writes before it dies out. this is due to the nature of the nand memory it uses. Most people don't use flash drives like hard drives so they don't do that many writes. I would say try it out but don't store too much important data on the drive. By the time the drive wears out the cost of the same drive will drop tremendously so you can replace it.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IE7 puts an IE page icon over every file and folder on a CD for me. You can even see parts of the original icon behind it. To put it delicately, it's fucking stupid.

BTW, is it easy to remove IE7? I don't care much for looking into it at the moment.

It's easy enough to remove IE7 from Windows XP but in Vista you can't remove it as far as I can tell. I personally use Firefox as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, Mario Moonlight exists?