Westside is banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my gawd people relax. Didn't know westside that well but he seemed to be pretty funny.
But if you guys really do like gbatemp then trust and respect the admins decision and don't start bitching.

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Nooo!!!
Westside was one of the funniest ppl on gbatemp.
we need to find a replacement fast, even tho the void in our hearts will never be filled again...
cry.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Linkiboy said:
Costello said:
When someone keeps evading an IRC ban (a ban for very legitimate reasons), I don't see any other solution than to threaten them with a ban on the forums.
That's what happened with Westside. I'm hoping he will somehow apologize to the people he hurt, after which we might reconsider his situation.
Hmm and you ask me why I dont like you...

To be honest, the Admins created the rules not to follow them...
At least it seems like it. Just do like me, ignore the forum and just watch the news.
GBATemp (Forum and IRC~wise) isnt what it used to be in a long time.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, well, if the rule on IRC is "no insulting" then don't insult. If it's not in the rule book then it's not a legitimate ban. I think insulting others is ALWAYS a bad thing. But according to others it is tolerated on IRC.

But still, Mr. W is quite stupid to defy THE LAWS OF THE IRC and I wouldn't bitch about it, even it were my best friend. You break a (serious) rule = You get a penalty.

Simple as that.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
He's a funny guy for sure.
But I assume none of you guys actually know what happened.
I find it absolutely thrilling that people mourn the loss of Westside while no one seems to care about Samutz and SpikeyNDS which were to my eyes much more important (that is subjective) *sigh*
Linkiboy: I think we need to talk, you have no right to judge me when you don't know what happened.

PapiChulo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:
All these people are leaving :'(

Yep. Good forums are cursed with being a victim of their own success. I've seen it time and time again.

I'm leaving because Jumpman17 personally invited me to and because there are a lot of competing forums now.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
Linkiboy: I think we need to talk, you have no right to judge me when you don't know what happened.
well first of all you banning westside was NOT what my statement reffered to but your tendency to overreact and having things fly over your head

also several people have already told me everything so i got a good overview. you can tell me your story but it wont change much

blablabla westside told mean things to jdbye samutz banned him westside came back to call him a cunt everyone overreacted and banned westside and samutz and spikeynds "left" and by that they mean they'll be back within a month

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonic209 said:
Dont worry he will be back,disguised as Eastside
ph34r.gif

Naw, that'd be like someone named 2-Pac coming back named as Biggy Smalls
blink.gif
(I have nothing in this discussion, just a joke regarding the idea of return via namechange)

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Sad to see this is no joke.
Wes is my friend, we even had a competition on posting (to reach 2000 posts).
But I seriously think that when something like this happens, it is for a reason.

I made a bunch of silly stuff here, but I respect everyone's opinion, whether I agree with it or I'm totally against it, people is more important than an argument.

I WILL seriously miss that guy, he was IMO really funny.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
There's a line no one should cross, and Westside crossed that line many times.
It's not just this one time, Linki
smile.gif

Oh and I love when you say "things fly over my head".
I think you've told me that 3 times in less than a day, I suppose it makes you feel so much superior uh
biggrin.gif

hehe... anyway, if you have something to say to me, and only to me, say it in a private message.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
y'know, everybody over-reacted when I suspended bonemonkey too.
he came back, none the worse for wear.
people quickly stopped blaming me for killing the soul of gbatemp, etc...

I considered Westside one of my mates around here, but he deserved the temp ban he got on IRC, and then he decided to shove some more crap into the oven. He was being a real jerk, and has been doing that a lot lately. Now anybody who knows me past the label of "some moderator on gbatemp" knows that I cut a lot of slack, and I understand people pretty well. Lately I haven't understood westside much, he's been pushing buttons for the sake of it, and I don't care for that. People that have been here more than a few months should see more clearly what's going on. We are not just another forum on the net. If you guys that have been here for two months wanna leave in disgust.. by all means don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out. To everybody else.. this is the hotel gbatemp goddammit, you know rule #1.

Actually, I will officially change rule 1 from ".. but you can never leave." to "THERE WILL BE DRAMA"

Sorry I'm sounding so pissy.. I'm trying to quit smoking and I'm more than a little on edge right now.

...dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZVQF0yPnTc