sharksfan19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sandisk or kingston ?
i am ordering a acekard 2i and a 4G mirco sd for my ds lite tommrow and i am not shure what brand of card to buy
if u play the world ends with you and GTA tell me what card you are useing

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well... if your talking about the micro sd/sdhc card then it should work since ive installed gta:cw but haven't extractred it becuase, my micro sdhc usb stopped working for some wieird reson. Ive got a 8gb micro sdhc from nokia 5800. So the answer is yes, it should work if you etract it using win zip/ win rar

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i use both
smile.gif

try google around
they have some test results of the speed somewhere around

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sandisk > Kingston

Kingston's are cheap, that's pretty much it. Every other category, Sandisk is better, hands down. Better build quality and transfer speed. My Class 2 Sandisk has a faster read speed than a Class 6 Kingston and Transcend.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Sandisk, Kingston, you can't really go wrong with either of them.
smile.gif

What's most important is the class speed.

I've been using a 8gb Class 6 Sandisk, works very well.
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/SanDi...-%2B-USB-Reader

Good price too, £20 for 8gb.
Hey, that's what I bought!

A month on and it's STILL NOT FUCKING HERE!!! Well, to tell the truth it did come in 3 or 4 days, but they sent the wong one, I sent it back, and a week after that they email me saying it was the right one in the wrong packaging (yeah, like a big company such as SanDisk woulkd fuck that up). Also, they asked if I'd like them to send it back. Well no, just keep my money, I don't want something I piad for, keep the £20
smile.gif

2 weeks has passed since I replied to their email, saying I would like them to send it, still no card. What a mess.

Anyway, that's nothing to do with memory cards, just where to buy them.

Drewbear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have used a 4GB sandisk class 2 with my dstt for over a year with no problems. recently i use an 8 GB sandisk class 2 with my ak2i also with no problems

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tested TWEWY with all my SanDisk cards, no slow downs, didn't have to open and close the DS to get past the first bit, and got all the way to day 2 with no problems!
biggrin.gif

RegPerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sandisk / Kingston / Transcend all work in the acekard 2i as long as its original from a good company & not fake memory. i have no slow downs with any of the 3 memory cards here.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Following on from my rant, I've recived the card. It's still a class 4, and MyMemory still insist that it is just in the wrong packaging. So what I need is some software to tell me the read and write speeds of the card, and the class number. Then I can email the results to MyMemory, get my money back, and buy from a site that doesn't try to scam people.

So, if anyone knows a good reliable piece of software (preferably free...) that'll tell me the class number of my Micro SD card, I would be very greatful.

Thanks!

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong.

Even if you have a good flashcart with the very latest firmware, if you're using a crappy Micro SD card loading times will slow, lag and other general slowdowns will increase.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using a Class 6 4GB MicroSDHC card for a few months now and I've had no problems until now. A Kingston is what is generally preferred by the majority but I'm guessing that a Sandisk will do the job just as well. Just make sure you don't get fake versions.

DoS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
What I really wanted is to hear someone's results AFTER a card change.

I have a class 6 Transcend 4GB and I have minor lags on Pokemon and GTA, and I'm not sure changing to a Sandisk Mobile Ultra would make much of a difference. I would really like to be certain things would change, but I don't think they will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::tpi: