Hacking What Can i do with linux on switch?

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know that aarch64 Lakka has a Linux patch for the Xbox One controller so I don't know if it works out of the box. But yeah any input device will do the trick

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But no hardware acceleration, no standard pre-compiled distribution, and several other problems.
Those problems will be solved soon, sure.
Some of them, if you are involved enough, could be a quick fix, even a matter of selecting the appropriate code to compile.
But still, not for an "end-user". IMHO, an "end-user" solution would mean a pre-compiled image, with HW acceleration support, and a set of tools, or emulators, already packed in, something quite "plug-and-play". I would say, for this, wait a month or so, at least.
You, sure, like, commas, my, friend,!,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know,,,; that text,... it;.,,, looks like crap;.; but oh well,.,.;, too late;..; to fix it,,,;,.

PS: yes, there is a message hidden in plain view there.:P
Cheeky, bastard,
upload_2018-4-27_18-29-37.png

Reactions: sarkwalvein

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
u can travel to the 80's and play some sweet console tty text adventure :)
Theres a pretty freaky pr0n scene in tty text adventures (because of course there is), but its too weird to even hint at it here... ;)

(Said too much.. ;) )

edit: To add something productive, Gargoyle (program) is the somewhat current interreter thats usually used for text adventures these days. It plays the old adventure classics (Zork, ...) as well.

Last edited by notimp,

piterayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Right now linux in switch is not very usable, but give devs time.
I hope someone tries to port or run moonlight in the switch via linux. It would be awesome to have a portable steam link and play the steam library in the switch.
This is one of the things that can be done with linux. Also, emulators.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello.
am devlops.

beter quest is: what CANST i does with lunix***

Thou canst write thine own code the way the god of development hath intended it to be coded. By thou on the same machine thou want'st it to be coded for.

And now please let's get back to our modern grammar. This was a pain to write.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people keep claiming this lately?
Because the actual homebrew developers that are leading the switch scene stated multiple times they are strongly against piracy; therefore, it is "frowned upon".

I don't know really, perhaps there is some confusion?
Sharing links to pirated software or games is frowned upon here.

I believe you are referring to forum rules which is separate from the views of the homebrew developers. Being frowned upon by those developing the exploits and gbatemp rules are two different subjects entirely which I think are being confused here.

Last edited by Shadow LAG,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Here is what you can't do on Linux:

Have a homebrew ecosystem most people will be able to use.
Have Retroarch launch in less than maybe a minute (unless you teach people how to skip the login prompt.. ;) ).
Use Switch controllers (currently), in bluetooth mode (for at least a while) or docked mode (for arguably much longer).
Have people use Linux, and CFW and what they are really after on one SD Card (three, four partitions with unused space you have to preallocate).
Use any of the SwitchOS features "seamlessly" without rebuilding them.

While all of this is technically possible - the overhead would kill all attempts eventually. Its like arguing, that google wouldn't have had to produce Android for touch screen devices - in a sense.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3