What Crime/Mystery shows have you watched/been watching?

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi all,
here's a thread on "What Crime/Mystery shows have you watched/been watching?"

i've been watching the following shows on TV as of late:

- Criminal Minds Season 15
- Castle Season 7/8
- Law and Order Special Victims Unit Season 17
- NCIS Season 12
- CSI: MiaYami
- Dr Bull
- Hercule Poriot (agatha crities)
- Miss Fisher's Muder Mysteries (2012 ver) (show currently finshed runing).

what are you're favoutre crime shows/mystery series that you watch or are watching ATM ether on TV or online apps?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Wire pretty much killed any crime show I have wanted to watch. Watched NCIS for a few series longer but stopped, tried again a few years ago and nope. So many shows I was watching at the time just killed stone dead, several on your list.

Chicago PD was not bad for a while (I started around series 2, did not see 1 or the Chicago Fire storyline that led up to it) but I think I would rather rewatch The Shield as it is done in the same mould.

Saw a couple of series of Bull. Not for me. That competition gaming episode... though I will give it credit for treating the subject nicely.

If doing alumni from other crime shows then also saw the attempt to do SWAT on TV... very silly, even more so if weapons handling is your thing, but somewhat compelling.

Saw some UK stuff at one point in recent times. Some of it was not bad but they never seem to get over the "brilliant but troubled investigator" trope. UK kick em up shows are also rather rare and I do enjoy a bit of gunplay (armed UK police is a thing but are super rare, most will not even have seen a gun in years and very few will use one).

If I am going to do anything like that then probably go some true crime type stuff
https://www.bitchute.com/channel/deadbugsays/?showall=1 is sometimes amusing, though rather non PC. Or police incident breakdowns (the guy doing the SWAT thing above also doing that, https://www.bitchute.com/channel/4I3OqIk7gzoU/ and various ones they work with doing well here).

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since the previous I have been watching the English language version of 19-2. Surprisingly good actually. I think I would still go with Flashpoint for favourite Canadian police TV show (granted the list of possibles there is not very long) but 19-2 is right behind it. Almost what if The Shield was slightly less kick em up and in Montreal.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Currently prodigal son. It's pretty decent, with good acting and a story that... Is perhaps a bit drawn out in season 3,but still enjoyably.

Also started with designated survivor. I would rather continue watching it on Netflix, but my girlfriend prefers television (because commercials? I honestly don't know)

Also want to get back at casa de papel (money Heist), but again : girlfriend wants to... But not now.

D

Deleted User

To be honest, I don't watch that many Western TV Shows, but I do keep several Streaming Subscriptions for family.

Most of the TV Shows that keep my family entertained and that I enjoy catching a bit of every now and then are actually on CBS All Access, but since my Subscription does not cover viewing outside of the United States, I'm just waiting until they open that avenue up, under Paramount+ I'm assuming.

Those that fit the bill overlap some of the ones already mentioned:
  • Law and Order SVU
  • NCIS
  • NCIS Miami
  • NCIS New Orleans
  • Magnum
  • MacGyver
  • Blue Bloods
  • The Rookie
  • Walker
  • The Equaliser

These are titles I watch in passing whilst family are engrossed in them, but if I were to recommend something I've recently watched fully, these are some that fit the Genre:
  • Legal V Ex-lawyer Shoko Takanashi - on Netflix
  • ID:INVADED - Anime from 2020

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Only 'The Mentalist', if that qualifies.

Was my 'comfy show', as the cast is incorruptible it seems.
(Aside from the..... heretic morally grey main character hahaha *cough*)

It's doubtful I'll watch another crime tv show ever again, as most other ones are too 'boring' and 'predictable' for me... (Albeit, LieToMe's "realistic" backing seems intriguing...)

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The remake of Magnum P.I is bloody awesome and Line Of Duty was brilliant apart from the very last episode where after 6 seasons you finally found out who the leader of the OCG was and it was the worst possible character to be the leader of a crime gang.

They spoilt one of the best shows ever with one episode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8